January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive managed my own expectations regarding the January Transfer window. I don't expect that we will get a better standard of player than what we have at present. Whoever we sign will provide the manager with greater options but then it may also take time to establish best eleven and for the team to gel.

The key to retaining Premiership status would more likely to be getting the performance levels of our current team to improve. Players that served us well in previous seasons are way off their best form. Somehow Unsworth or whoever the next manager is must surely work to address this.

Yeah, the standard has markedly improved in recent years.

I think Darius Vassell's arrival being treated like a Papal visit was a watershed moment for Turkish football. They knew they'd hit rock bottom and simply had to change.

Curious similie considering we're talking of an islamic country but the point is perfectly valid

We are going to have to chuck loads of money at a foreign striker aren't we

We’ll get Onyekuru in from his loan and an experienced striker of the Dzeko ilk, Dowell will come back from Forest, Barkley will be held on to, Coleman and Bolasie should hopefully be up to speed by then. Whatever we ll have to act early in the window and pay way over the odds - think Onyekuru is a card to be played to not pay too far over.

We’ll get Onyekuru in from his loan and an experienced striker of the Dzeko ilk, Dowell will come back from Forest, Barkley will be held on to, Coleman and Bolasie should hopefully be up to speed by then. Whatever we ll have to act early in the window and pay way over the odds - think Onyekuru is a card to be played to not pay too far over.
We are a bit short in that position

Be funny if the stories on Jan 1st were more creative players rather than strikers.

Reckon we will get to the end of the season and find out Walsh has actually gone mad and was signing all of them until someone noticed

Who cares?

If we appoint either of the two favorites for manager then it won’t matter who we sign. 17th will be a success as far as the board are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.