January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we will get them

Benteke - struggling palace need the player to keep them up
Dembele - no interest in leaving as he would miss out on another winners medal
Batshuayi - scoring important goals for chelsea at the moment and getting some game time
Willian Jose - dont know the current situation with him

ive been racking my head and i cant really think of anyone .. only thing i can think of is get someone in from the championship and pay over the odds

Tierney has played enough, and Dembele needs to play 4 more league games to qualify for a medal this season, so by the time the window opens, that shouldn't be a stumbling block.

Let's face it. In January Walsh will sign a 9 year old lad from Spain who will be awesome in 8 years time; a top speedy winger from Burkina Faso who will join us in 2019 once his papers are sorted;, and some bloke from the Cypriot apollo team who he liked the look of when they drew with us at home in the europa. Plus 45 m for either deeney /bony or sturidge. I'm semi joking.

The prices we will be quoted in jan will be ridiculous, everyone knows we are desperate.
They will start at 20m then add 10 if he has played a first team game, add another 10 if he is a regular and so on.

I thin its nuts and bolts time really, established PL players to balance out the squad.

I would go for the likes of;

Cresswell at West Ham,
Sakho, Benteke at Crystal palace
Smalling
Stanislas, King, Daniels at Bourmouth

Last edited:
We need

Cover at right back ( Coleman not due back until new year, and not guaranteed to be the player he was, he's had a horrendous injury)

2 centre halves ( Williams and Jags need replacing and quickly, Holgate , not good enough at this level, which leaves Funes Mori and Keane)

2 left backs ( Baines ,love him to bits, but not the player he was, and need cover)

2 strikers ( goes without saying)

That's 7 players we need.

Plus a manager.

I do wonder if Moshri will be willing to spend the money needed - even a striker like deeney, beneteke is going to be @40 m in January , a decent CB @20 m , lb @20m- he will be looking at 80m just for a set of decent journeymen players that would keep us as a top 10 team- if we want the real quality to challenge for top 4, you can add another 50m + to that.

We need

Cover at right back ( Coleman not due back until new year, and not guaranteed to be the player he was, he's had a horrendous injury)

2 centre halves ( Williams and Jags need replacing and quickly, Holgate , not good enough at this level, which leaves Funes Mori and Keane)

2 left backs ( Baines ,love him to bits, but not the player he was, and need cover)

2 strikers ( goes without saying)

That's 7 players we need.

Plus a manager.

Can we not just buy Atalanta. manager and all?

Status
Not open for further replies.