2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love this fella. Seeing him wanting to smash that Italian oaf up made me happy, fighting for the lads. You love to see it.
Something we’ve really lacked.

As much as I‘m sure Seamus is a good bloke, his nice guy attitude on the pitch, pulling players away from the ref etc., I always felt was leadership from a bygone era (maybe better suited to cricket) and meant we’ve suffered from decisions where refs can go light cos they know we won’t kick up a fuss.

Hope we see more of this snide and fight going forward

Something we’ve really lacked.

As much as I‘m sure Seamus is a good bloke, his nice guy attitude on the pitch, pulling players away from the ref etc., I always felt was leadership from a bygone era (maybe better suited to cricket) and meant we’ve suffered from decisions where refs can go light cos they know we won’t kick up a fuss.

Hope we see more of this snide and fight going forward
I agree mate, we’ve needed someone with that pure aggression. It’s not even crowding the refs and that, he does it during the game, he done a brilliant slide tackle in the first half that got everyone going. It’s the little things.

Had him as.my.MOTM, apart from him defending well all game, I loved watching him kicking off when Gana got clattered by scamacca.

Good to see one of our players standing up for us like that.

Tellin ye now Tarkowski can scrap.

What I loved about the Scamacca bust-up, was that he was actively trying to get him away from the main group when others started to join in. He really wanted that little rat to know he's got his number and he's not having it. Boss to watch a player stand up for others like that.

James seems to enjoy it aswell, destined for a career in the UFC at some point.

Him and coady are very good CB pairing hoping the both stay injury free as the drop off in quality replacements is big.

We’re going in the right direction for sure great teams are built from the back every time .

We’ve conceded 2 goals once this season so far. Solid foundations, hopefully come January we can 1or2 better forward players if not happy to wait until the summer as mid table season beckons

Nice to see tarkowski and coady keep another clean sheet showing leadership and organisation in defence we have added bit of steel in midfield and protecting the back four maupay took his goal well plenty of positives from the game and think we will improve as games go on we have Southampton next fancy us to get a result there

Status
Not open for further replies.