Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle and Villa didn't want him. Newcastle are going after younger players with potential and trying to reduce squad age and Villa are aiming up market. Tarkowski had one game left in town really.

If it really is 120k per week I'd have this as a catastrophic bit of business showing lessons have not been learned. We have no business paying anyone anything near that amount and Tarkowski is simply a very average centre back that would not get into any non-promoted side bar Leeds and Southampton and just possibly Brentford.

If it is 120k a week then we're absolute chumps

I don't think it will be though

I'll go with 90k plus incentives

Newcastle and Villa didn't want him. Newcastle are going after younger players with potential and trying to reduce squad age and Villa are aiming up market. Tarkowski had one game left in town really.

If it really is 120k per week I'd have this as a catastrophic bit of business showing lessons have not been learned. We have no business paying anyone anything near that amount and Tarkowski is simply a very average centre back that would not get into any non-promoted side bar Leeds and Southampton and just possibly Brentford.
Haven't Newcastle just signed Chris Wood, Kieran Trippier, and Dan Burn? Hardly 'going younger'?!!

I'd say he'd get game time at any of the teams from 7th down, starting for almost all of them.

I mean are Newcastle doing that. Seen they're signing Targett who's 27 at the start if next season. Add to that Wood, Trippier etc.
I wouldn’t even say villa were going up market either. A 29 year old Diego Carlos who’s spent most of his career at less fashionable teams in France and Spain. It could be argued that having the excellent kounde alongside home as made him look half decent

I mean, that has to be massively debatable doesn't it? What with him being available on a free and none of them trying to sign him and everything.

:Blink:

Bargain then. I hadn't realised he was the model of the modern centre half and ace at moving the ball out from the back and simply held back by Burnley

Just go through 6th placed side and below and say which team he wouldnt get in then.

Just go through 6th placed side and below and say which team he wouldnt get in then.
Well me giving my opinion on that isn't really relevant is it? My point is that he was available to everybody in the league on a free transfer and yet most of the teams you think he would walk into decided not to sign him. That seems like a much sounder basis to work from really.

Well me giving my opinion on that isn't really relevant is it? My point is that he was available to everybody in the league on a free transfer and yet most of the teams you think he would walk into decided not to sign him. That seems like a much sounder basis to work from really.

Its a forum.

There could be a multitude of reasons why he didnt push for a move when Moyes offered £20mil...£30mil...and £35mil to Burnley over the past 2 seasons.

Tarkowski may have only wanted to play for Lampard...didnt want to move house...blah blah blah.

The only way to gauge the 'reality' of where he is in the league is to look through the 20 sides.

He gets into all but 5 of them. You responded to that "none of them tried to sign him"...

If opinions arent relevant (as you stated) then show your factual evidence that no club was interested in him or bid for him apart from Everton.

Odd .. his fantasy score for 2021 is very low… but his influence is the highest in the league..

So doesn’t do glamorous things but leads the line and is important to teams results

Think that’s how to read into it..

This club has no morals left. First stake.com now this????
Could you point me in the direction of a Premiership club with morals?

We are a professional club in a cut throat business where every year the three weakest are thrown out.

We are far from being a perfect club but there is lot of good work being done by the club as well and unfortunately everything revolves around making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.