Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southall was a world class keeper. One of the best I ever saw. Not dissing Pickford but very, very few keepers up to Southalls standards.

Fully. He wasnt the biggest either but it was like we had a Giant in goal.
He probably did now and then but i cant remember him coming for crosses and him not collecting it with ease.
Not a fan of keepers who stay on the line for them. If the attacker/defender meet it sweetly its very hard to prevent the goal.

1: Tarkowski isnt mediocre.
2: Moyes has offered £20mil and £30mil for the past 2 summers.
3: We need a player with his exact profile

The problem we have had isnt the salary levels of players. Its the FFP rules where we need to sell players for a % of the price we purchased them for or its an FFP loss.
Our salary budget affects our transfer budget, the higher the accumulated salaries the lower the transfer budget, or so i assume.
Even if you dont think Tarkowski is mediocre, do you think hes a 100k a week player? I do not.

Our salary budget affects our transfer budget, the higher the accumulated salaries the lower the transfer budget, or so i assume.
Even if you dont think Tarkowski is mediocre, do you think hes a 100k a week player? I do not.
It doesnt work that simply for FFP / Profit and sustainability rules.

If you want to shift a player you need to generate at least the amount you signed him for less the % of his contract spent at the club.

So if you sign someone for £20mil and £50k a week for 4 years...after 1 year you need to sell for £15mil to breakeven on the transfer fee.

Thats why we havent just punted Gomes, Gbamin etc

Signing Tarkowski and giving £90k a week wages on a 4 year deal...then after a year we want to sell him.

Sell for £8mil and his next club offers him £40k a week. We give him the £8mil fee as a pay off and were square.

No idea why this isnt a good deal for us if we get him.

If you want to be a good team in modern football you really need attacking fullbacks, or at least one.

Digne contributes a significant number of assists whenever he plays, aside from under Benitez who didn’t want fullbacks getting forward.

Mykolenko will never play for a top team imo, he’s a good lad and I hope he continues to improve but he’s not a great fullback.

13 yellows in 100 league games. Ruben Dias has 9 yellows in 61 games.

Terrible metric to measure defensive ability, but even if it wasn’t the statement is untrue.

There’s a reason so many people outside of the Everton fanbase couldn’t believe we sold Digne. The majority if not all of the top flight teams would pick Digne over Mykolenko if given the choice.
I would like to see how many came in the last few months of his time at us.

we shouldn’t be getting a 29 yr old we need younger
We don’t know what our transfer budget is this summer. I think we need to prepare ourselves for it being similar to last summer and nothing happening with purchases unless there are sales.

The opportunity with Tarkowski is now. We may not make any sales until very late in the window and have limited opportunities to go for purchases. Tarkowski can be signed right now. This is the dilemma we’re wrestling with.

Status
Not open for further replies.