Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is a no-brainier if he comes on a free, and his salary is less than a Siggy or a Tosun, we’ve gained a better CB.
If we say we need another quicker CB (that is ace and wants to play for us even though CL teams may want him) then the potential sale of Mina could cover most of that.

I just think it's kind of sad that we're just going for the first out of contract grock we can find with Premier League experience

We never seem to look further than the front of our face

Lack of imagination sometimes
Maybe it's because he's a good player and answers an obvious need at a low cost and low risk

So with De Gea it wouldn't surprise you if he was their player of the season? That seems to point to their defence not being good enough in front of him and you'd take one of em? I understand people think tarkowski is worth bringing in I don't fair enough. Just because he might be free (he wouldn't given the wages involved which is also one area we need to reduce significantly with FFP) is not a reason to sign him.
Yes. Despite all the media noise, Maguire is a good player.

Think he'd be a good signing. Very highly thought of at Burnley (from what I'm aware) and has the attitude/mentality that we need.
The wage is a stumbling block but I'd say wages are inflating everywhere at the minute, bit like everything else.
He's easily got 3 or 4 years left playing at a good level.

Telegraph said we made him an offer

Bobble said we like him but haven't offered him a contract yet.

Lampard tried to sign him at Chelsea too

Lot of teams will be interested in him as a free agent
I've heard we're offering him a £15m sweetener to convince him to join us seeing as we'd be getting him on a free tranny.

29 is not old for a central defender.
If we sign Tarkowski on a free then sell Mina and/or Holgate and /or Keane and /or Godfrey we will have bought a better defender for nothing and will have improved our FFP position by selling at least one player who plays in a similar position.
As there is no fee we have to accept there will be a higher wage.

I’d like to know who the alternative CB’s are for this 16th placed FFP threatened club?
I think there’s a pinch of realism needed here, we need to rebuild so nothing will be completely fixed in one window.

Status
Not open for further replies.