Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a much better CB then a lot are making out on here.

It’s not like we are in a position to go and spend 30/40 million or more on either a rising or current star player.

Needs must. It’s a free, and a relatively low risk one seeing as he has premier league experience and a near on perfect fitness record.

Wins a lot of aerial duels, strong tackler, a leader and a snide.

He’ll do for me

I get he is a good defender for Burnley. I just hope he still looks good playing in a setup different to Burnley.

I get he is a good defender for Burnley. I just hope he still looks good playing in a setup different to Burnley.
I think a lot of people are sceptical about this signing because Burnley fleeced us for 25m in buying Keane. I think he’s a better defender than Keane, but then again that’s not saying much. However it’s interesting that the likes of Leicester, West Ham and Newcastle were all interested in him last summer, yet now he’s on a free we were the only club in for him.

I think a lot of people are sceptical about this signing because Burnley fleeced us for 25m in buying Keane. I think he’s a better defender than Keane, but then again that’s not saying much. However it’s interesting that the likes of Leicester, West Ham and Newcastle were all interested in him last summer, yet now he’s on a free we were the only club in for him.
We can’t be certain that we are the only club for have offered him a contract. We could have beaten other clubs by offering better terms. He may see playing for us a better option, either in terms of regular game time, bigger club, or even simple as location. I don’t know what his family situation is regarding wife and kids. But it’s certain they live in Burnley. They could still live there while he plays for us. As it’s not far away, compared to other teams that where interested. Simply guessing. And your right we could also be the only team in for him.

We don’t play that much different to Burnley at all. We aren’t good enough to. Ancelotti had us playing exactly like Burnley, dunno where people get this idea from that we’re some swashbuckling high pressing footballing side.

We don’t play that much different to Burnley at all. We aren’t good enough to. Ancelotti had us playing exactly like Burnley, dunno where people get this idea from that we’re some swashbuckling high pressing footballing side.
We spent 500 million to play like Burnely ....sigh

We can’t be certain that we are the only club for have offered him a contract. We could have beaten other clubs by offering better terms. He may see playing for us a better option, either in terms of regular game time, bigger club, or even simple as location. I don’t know what his family situation is regarding wife and kids. But it’s certain they live in Burnley. They could still live there while he plays for us. As it’s not far away, compared to other teams that where interested. Simply guessing. And your right we could also be the only team in for him.
I think it's pretty certain that his family definitely don't live in Burnley!

But yeah, I imagine not having to relocate would have been a major factor in his decision

He looks like a good solid PL defender who you know you will get a 7 every week. Maybe nothing spectacular but also no stupid mistakes.
I’d take him over some unknown player with great so called fifa stats.
It all comes down to money and priorities.
Unfortunately us fans have no idea exactly what we can and will spend, I would take Tarkowski on a free if we can spend and improve elsewhere.

Better than what we’ve got except for Mina who is never injured. As long we’re not getting mugged off for wages/contract length it’s a nice cheap way to improve the squad, same as Townsend and Gray were last summer, no complaints on either of those even though they’re not gonna take us to the next level we need to keep improving even if it’s only a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.