Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to stay up north, would bring good experience and instantly be our best CB. As for Tosun, well he had just finished top scorer in the group stage of the CL but we never really played to his strengths (bit like DCL in a way) also people just don't like him for whatever reason. Tosun was a wasted transfer.
No 30-year-old is going to want a 2-year deal ...... West Ham are in Europe he will be better there IMO - too old ... great player, but he will want big wages ....

No 30-year-old is going to want a 2-year deal ...... West Ham are in Europe he will be better there IMO - too old ... great player, but he will want big wages ....
We cant have a team of kids though, we will be relegated by christmas

Won't be cheap then
Fairly sure he will be going to Celtic personally.

Carter-Vickers has impressed during his season-long loan move with the Scottish outfit so far. As such, Ange Postecoglou is eager to add him permanently to their ranks at the end of this term. The defender’s transfer would cost Celtics around £6million, but they are now in a race against time as well.

That is because Spurs have decided to place a deadline for the Celts to activate the buy option due to the interest from Everton, Fulham and Bournemouth. Celtics have until June 15 to make a final decision by which a clear idea regarding the US international’s future prospects.

People worried about age?
Centre back with experience is important
Remember Gough and Watson. Solid as anything and both 40
Centre half’s can get away with age. It’s mostly about positioning
If we play a high line that’s different like!!

Media suggests that it is you guys or us for him. I would like him on a 2 yr contract but that isn't going to happen. 5 years on 100k a week for a defender from Burnely that will be 30 this year, sounds like the sort of problem that both our clubs have enjoyed many many times. I really hope this is media hype for both our sakes. A great short term signing but not a man for a 5 yr contract

For you guys as well, is he better than Mings or Konsa? I'm not so sure.

Won't be cheap then

C6CEE847-FA5C-44C6-A54C-836C97A7E2B1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.