Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley have only stayed up in previous seasons due to their defence. They conceeded less than Man utd and Leicester this season too.

Sign him all day long on a free. A very solid Premier league player and an England International. A no brainer in our current financial situation....

United let in 57 and leicester 59. That doesnt reflect on him being that good. Not that im disputing if he is or isn't. Truth is i havent watched him enough.
But the last couple of seasons we've bought players who were relegated. And in the end we've ended up fighting a relegation battle. Coincidence?

Tbf that statement applies to everyone and even a 24 year old could have an injury that wipes out their legs.

It doesn’t sound like pace is a large part of his game atm in any case.

Our fans are obsessed with age.

29 year old CB on a free transfer isn't going to destroy us if he joins.

Spending £200 million on dirge like Schneiderlin/Williams/Bolasie/Toshun/Walcott/Gomes/Kean is whats knackered us.

Media suggests that it is you guys or us for him. I would like him on a 2 yr contract but that isn't going to happen. 5 years on 100k a week for a defender from Burnely that will be 30 this year, sounds like the sort of problem that both our clubs have enjoyed many many times. I really hope this is media hype for both our sakes. A great short term signing but not a man for a 5 yr contract

We said that about Tosun contract wise ..... West Ham want him anyway, move on .....
He wants to stay up north, would bring good experience and instantly be our best CB. As for Tosun, well he had just finished top scorer in the group stage of the CL but we never really played to his strengths (bit like DCL in a way) also people just don't like him for whatever reason. Tosun was a wasted transfer.

Tbf that statement applies to everyone and even a 24 year old could have an injury that wipes out their legs.

It doesn’t sound like pace is a large part of his game atm in any case.
Which is why his team can’t hold a high line and end up under constant pressure, might make him look good since he’s the one doing all the last ditch defending but that’s what causes the problem in the first place. That and not being able to pass the ball.

Big test for Lampard, with a squad that got largely outplayed by even the worst teams in the division, does he plum for yet another player who has very little football in him.

I don't rate him. He's rubbish.

We can do better.

For obvious reasons watched plenty of Burnley games in last two months and he's much better than people give credit for, fantastic header of the ball which when you consider yesterday another cheap goal was conceded from a corner is desperately needed and he's got more pace than people realise so I don't think a high line would expose him as much as it does Keane.

Getting him on a free and getting rid of Keane for 10m + is what needs to be done really especially with financial situation.

In an ideal world I'd be looking instead at Nathan Collins who has potential to develop into a very good CB in 2-3 times but it's not an ideal world with the circumstances this summer so needs must.

Surprised Leicester aren't looking at him given their own issues from set pieces this season. Not sure with Villa interest whether he'd be playing alongside Mings or replacing him.

United let in 57 and leicester 59. That doesnt reflect on him being that good. Not that im disputing if he is or isn't. Truth is i havent watched him enough.
But the last couple of seasons we've bought players who were relegated. And in the end we've ended up fighting a relegation battle. Coincidence?

And the vermin signed Robertson and were fighting for titles. Coincidence?

I don't want tarkowski but ruling out relegated players is daft

Status
Not open for further replies.