Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwhelmed that he didn't end up at a Club that performed better than Everton last year.

They clearly rate him very highly.
the crazy thing is, in another post one of them talks about how he should have gone to Villa... I sound like I'm picking on Villa today but seriously, they finished 6 points ahead of us. Had we beat Watford at home and Norwich away like we should have! Small margins is all I'm saying. The general consensus from other fans is Lampard is terrible but Gerrard is doing amazing. 6 points!!! 2 wins!!!

Always freaks me out when you post sensible, football-related stuff.

I’m busy going through the first letters of every word of that post in case there’s some hidden, wacky message.
Honestly, the capital letters spelling a heinous insult is my very fave game and something I’ve deployed so much without lids spotting it. I’m just hugely pleased someone considers it.

I understand people's trepidation it could be a sensible move bringing a sound but unremarkable defender to solidify the defense and part of comprehensive effort to restructure the backline or it could be a Townsend bargain signing that signals a slew of cheap buys due extreme financial constraints like last season too early to tell

Burnley fans appear to be underwhelmed by the news

They haven’t taken us staying up at their expense well at all have they.

It’s understandable with the abject pain they’ll be suffering right now, that momentarily thought would be ours, before they realised they will always be Burnley and they have to dump in an outside bog.

They have my pity, and best for the future.

Underwhelmed that he didn't end up at a Club that performed better than Everton last year.

Getting Colwill on loan would defo make this transfer far more palatable for me personally.

The signing makes perfect sense to me and its nice to see Burnley fans thinking he'll do well and could have gone to a better team.

Also nice to see @chicoazul showing some sympathy.

The way to look at this signing imo is that in 3 years Tarkowski will be 32 while Branthwaite will be 22. Takes the pressure off and allows him to develop.

The signing makes perfect sense to me and its nice to see Burnley fans thinking he'll do well and could have gone to a better team.

Also nice to see @chicoazul showing some sympathy.

The way to look at this signing imo is that in 3 years Tarkowski will be 32 while Branthwaite will be 22. Takes the pressure off and allows him to develop.
Zat you monster! I’m sincerely a very empathetic being, I got my mother’s heart. This place slurs me hideously.

Burnley fans appear to be underwhelmed by the news

Pretty much what the Burnley fan I spoke to was saying. They're resigned to losing him and feel that he could do well at a so called 'top' club. (cheeky gets) lol
Keane was very highly rated at the time. He was Dyches prefered right sided centre back and a huge fan favourite.
After Everton bought Keane, Tarkowski became first choice at Burnley and within a very short time Burnley fans were saying Michael who? The general feeling amongst Burnley fans is that Tarkowski is the better defender.

*source - a long time Burnley season ticket holder I was talking to yesterday.

the crazy thing is, in another post one of them talks about how he should have gone to Villa... I sound like I'm picking on Villa today but seriously, they finished 6 points ahead of us. Had we beat Watford at home and Norwich away like we should have! Small margins is all I'm saying. The general consensus from other fans is Lampard is terrible but Gerrard is doing amazing. 6 points!!! 2 wins!!!
Villa couldn’t even beat Burnley at home

Status
Not open for further replies.