2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Benitez supposed to be some master at coaching like you have all been telling us for months?

But he couldn't coach a side worth over a 100 million past a championship side.

When the team didn't work hard under Carlo you slaughtered him for not coaching them. Benitez let's them get away with it too and now you are saying it is the player and fans fault. It's so transparent.
Always remember mate - KAG!

strange thing we had dead wood to get rid of, then bought more players in a year they were dead wood. Bad habit we must get out off. But apart from James the rest brought in last summer have done ok Without being spectacular, but they have turned out to be good players to build a team around.
What?

James was probably the most effective player brought in last season, even though he was only available for half the games.

A good manager would try to figure out how to get the best out of him rather than drive him out altogether

The club hated him; the supporters are not up in arms (apart from the cohort of 'any port in a storm' Benitez haters on here).

He's not even a footnote in Everton history.

He leaves a pungent smelling skid mark where a contribution should be.
What? Forum people based in Liverpool were saying they can't wait to see him in flesh. Get a grip. He has been massively popular among the fanbase.

We played and beat non-relegation teams and won. Why would we only have a chance of beating Norwich?

Because the only team we beat not currently in the bottom 6 is Brighton. The only decent team we played, we suffered a heavy defeat and got knocked out of the cup by a mid table championship team featuring Charlie Austin.

Reading Alan Myers article, my take is this. When Carlo Ancellotti got burgled in February, we were 5 points off a champions league place with a game in hand. I genuinely believe that Carlo decided to leave at that very moment. I wouldn't want to stick around in an area where my Daughter was put in danger. We would all be the same. The speed at which he left also told me something was agreed a long time ago.

I suspect he told James his intentions fairly early on and agreed he would let him go easy with the Copa America in mind. Think James made up his mind then too. Somewhere around the Villa or Sheffield Utd game that news (carlo leaving) was leaked to other members of the team as they just weren't the same - even though Europe was well in our grasp. I then think James stuck around for the Florida Cup as it was contractual and then the club tried to sell him ever since.

He has gone to Qatar for 3 reasons. 1.Money, 2.No one else in the big leagues would have him due to downing tools, 3.It at least acclimatises him for the world cup if selected.

He is one of the most talented players to pull on an Everton shirt and am sad we didn't get to see him play live. If nothing else, it has given us a taster of the type of quality that we may see again one day. Thanks for the memories James...

Status
Not open for further replies.