2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to vault my own post - seems I wasnt too far away from the truth, which is really sad in itself.

We are beyond parody as a football club - there is zero point in hoofing a player of James quality out of the club, outside of our transfer window, when we cannot replace him and especially considering the mini injury crisis we are in the midst of?!

The only thing this helps is assuage Benitezs hatred of the player - it's cutting your nose off to spite your face, and it lessens Everton on the pitch - the Benitez cult must see this.

How can any Evertonian be pleased that we have lessened our attacking options, with no way to replace him?!

Short term pain for long term gain. Klopp never changed his style to suit the dross he inherited at Liverpool he persisted with his plan until he could bring his own players in to suit his way of playing over time which is what we need to be doing not playing square pegs in round holes or building a team around someone who wont be here in 12 months time.

James doesn't suit the ethos or the system, is on too big a wage to justify sat on our bench like Benard was & has a very patchy injury record/not the most committed of pros.

This season was always a transition one the moment we could only spend £1.5m in the summer.

8th-11th finish and we go again next summer with a gluttony of big earners off the books allowing us to strengthen the squad and push for Europe next season.

All fans should be concerned about this season is signs of improvement on the pitch - more energy, fitness, pressing, desire in performances and signs of an actual game plan when the bulk of our starting 11 are fit and on the pitch.

James isn't the difference between midtable and europe his loss is minimal.

I'm not a Benitez super fan by any stretch, but I do not believe that even he could be so stubborn to not even consider James for a position on the bench. If he hated James so much, I don't think he would have even given him minutes in pre-season. There is no manager on earth dumb enough to think that a bench containing an empty chair is preferable to having one with James Rodriguez sitting on it.

I think his availability has been taken out of Benitez's hands entirely and the club are just desperate to get him off the wage bill. I am absolutely certain that he is on at least 200k a week which is why we were reportedly open to paying him a portion of his wages to go out on loan to Portugal or Turkey.

It exposes how disastrous our strategic planning is that they actually shelled out the money they did on James in a Covid hit economy when they surely should have known how close we'd be in just 12 short months to the Profit and Sustainability threshold. Heads should absolutely be rolling for how incompetently we've been managed, starting with that utter waster Marcel Brands.

We banked on getting into europe last year to fill the shortfall somewhat. So in that regard, Ancelotti failed. We've allowed managers to constantly pick their favourite players and now we are stuck with a complete mess of a squad with players bought specifically for several different managers.

I don't understand how Brands is still in his position. To allow us to get into a position where we are so hamstrung in the market is completely unacceptable. His complete inability to sell players has left us in a terrible position. 20 and 30m players leave for free routinely at this club. It's totally unsustainable.

Between this and the injuries, the reality of having no money and a fat [Poor language removed] Liverpool manager in charge could really start to hit home in the next few weeks.

But what if he has been told he definitely won't be playing regardless? Then what do you expect him to do? He also has national team aspirations and been told he needs playing time to do so and they have games in Oct, Nov and jan.

So if he doesn't believe that anything he does training wise will get him considered, he isn't left much choice.

Yes, I'm assuming certain things here, but it's not out of the realms of possibility he has been told that, as its widely known him and benitez don't get on.
If he has national team aspirations why not take a pay cut and go to a proper team in a proper league? He doesn't need the money. Going to Qatar might be as close to the world cup as he's going to get.

The reality is its best for all parties to move on now

1. The club cant afford to have the biggest earner sat on the bench

2. James wants to play regular football

3. Benitez doesnt see him in the regular starting 11

They all move on and so should we. Everyones a winner except the SOS Brigade.

If we sell James now, or worse loan him and subsidise his wages, we are leaving ourselves incredibly short in attacking options, as we saw at the weekend. This is pure vendetta from Benitez.

If our injury luck continues in the same vein, then the manager, the people who e.oyed hi., and all the mindless psychophants who support him will deserve everything that comes our way.

Past caring now until that hateful Manager is out of our club. Still can't believe I was naive enough to give him the benefit of the doubt Toff. He's everything I expected him to be

He's off mate.

There's a Qatari journalist also reporting Everton are paying part of his wage...

No idea if he's reliable or not.

But yeah, I'm done with the people who run the club. We're a mess. I'll support the team, but beyond that, done with them until I see it changing.

What if we're paying him to play for someone else, in a league that happens to be flooded with cash?

I hope it's not the case, but if we are mate, how mad is that.

Yeah it’s whether we are footing the bill for him to go to Qatar though isn’t it? As from what I’ve just read he is playing the remainder of his Everton contract which says to me it’s us paying for the privledge of him being there

We banked on getting into europe last year to fill the shortfall somewhat. So in that regard, Ancelotti failed. We've allowed managers to constantly pick their favourite players and now we are stuck with a complete mess of a squad with players bought specifically for several different managers.

I don't understand how Brands is still in his position. To allow us to get into a position where we are so hamstrung in the market is completely unacceptable. His complete inability to sell players has left us in a terrible position. 20 and 30m players leave for free routinely at this club. It's totally unsustainable.
We literally did that this summer too, to the extent we signed Rondon on (reportedly) £90k a week, dead late in the window when he'd had no pre-season, and gave a 32-year-old a 2 year deal with an option for a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.