2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn’t wanted to know since midway through last season, the Premier League just isn’t for a player like him. Teams were targeting him and getting their yard dog midfielders to kick him all over the park, obviously he doesn’t want to play in this circumstances with his injury record, when one more heavy knock could realistically finish his career.

I don’t know why people have a problem with the suggestion that he doesn’t want to play Premier League football ever again, it just seems obvious to me. He would’ve left even if Ancelotti stayed imo.
I don't have an issue with it. I just don't want Everton to lose out and imo we are when we can't replace him and we've got to rely on the most useless man in world football to do some business in January now, and January's three months away.

In the meantime, as well as not having a fit right-back, we've now got our best two attackers out for 3 weeks, and our front four would make a relegation-battling side blush.

See there’s a story out that Nuno didn’t get the job as he wanted to keep hold of James, suggesting the club / board wanted shut before Benitez was appointed…..
Quotes reporter Paul Brown who appears to be a blue.

Paul Brown is a good journalist.

Not sure Nuno not getting the job is entirely on James, like, but there is absolutely no chance on earth that the club weren't desperate to get him out.

It's been a two-way streak all along.

Edit: The Mendes connection is mentioned there and would have made sense. Mendes would have had James stay if Nuno got the job, I'm sure.

Again, this says about James what I've said all summer - he just isn't arsed. However, he does want to play football. Whether that's in the PL or Qatar league or whatever. If it is Qatar, it makes a lot more sense than Turkey. All eyes on Qatar next year from a footballing perspective. He'll be their big name going into the World Cup and, frankly, there'd be a lot of pressure from FIFA for James to then play in said World Cup.

I get that but it seems over the summer Brands has become a bit irrelevant, by all accounts the in players came from the manager, Brands has been treding water for a while.
Yeah, whole thing is a mess.

Brands came in with a clear plan (Focus on younger players who we can develop and sell on) which you could argue works OK with a Silva, but not with Ancelotti who wanted his trusted men around him. (Allan and James.)

The whole DoF model is really tricky to balance, particularly if you have a manager with shall we say, a strong personality. Perhaps that's why Brands was in favour of standing by Silva.

i get he doesn’t fancy him and has clearly bombed him out but we had people explain he was deffo injured , not committed and greedy and only going to a backwater like the Middle East because he’s finished the same people who explained it was perfectly reasonable for the manager to chase the money to China .

if the window was open then I’d understand this , I just find it difficult to square when we’re clearly short of bodies, can’t add but we actually actively reduce it .
Sadly mate it is 100% on the manager, this. You expect a level of arrogance and ego for those in football but this is just vindictive.

It is basically the same as Coronation Street: Episode 4477 (21st September 1998).

Sally looks forward to having the children but Rosie has a stomach bug so she only has Sophie. Steve returns from London and is petrified when Jim tells him that he knows how he fell off the scaffolding. Jim rages at Steve, accusing him of trying to kill him. Steve tells him that his memory is playing tricks but Jim says Fiona's told him the truth. Steve is stunned when Liz refuses to believe him. Jim tells Steve he's going to get the police on to him for attempted murder. Steve tells him that he'd have done the job properly if he'd wanted to kill him. Pam advises Fiona to move away from the McDonalds and sell the salon. Greg finds it hard having Sophie in the flat and is furious when she spills lager over his laptop. He upsets Sophie, shouting at her. Sally tries to soothe him. Jim assures Liz that he isn't going to the police. A saddened Sally takes Sophie back to Kevin as she's upset. Steve accuses Fiona of being vindictive in telling Jim and calls her a bitch. Fiona is shaken by his anger. She tells her mother that she wants to leave the street.

If you didn't know better you'd say that Benitez had watched this and was trying to act it out in some warped real-life fantasy!

I don't have an issue with it. I just don't want Everton to lose out and imo we are when we can't replace him and we've got to rely on the most useless man in world football to do some business in January now, and January's three months away.

In the meantime, as well as not having a fit right-back, we've now got our best two attackers out for 3 weeks, and our front four would make a relegation-battling side blush.
the next two league games I don't think will be affected by the injuries, we'll still beat Norwich and get beat by United. and then it's the break, so we should be ok

Not by me. I was delighted to see him in the last training video and was really disappointed he couldn’t even get on our 8 man bench! If he’d have been pushing to get into our team like I thought he was about to I’d have been right on his side but preferring to go to a nothing league rather than either fighting for a place here or waiting for a decent club to come in for him says to me he can’t be arsed anymore, which is sad as he’s surpremely talented.
But what if he has been told he definitely won't be playing regardless? Then what do you expect him to do? He also has national team aspirations and been told he needs playing time to do so and they have games in Oct, Nov and jan.

So if he doesn't believe that anything he does training wise will get him considered, he isn't left much choice.

Yes, I'm assuming certain things here, but it's not out of the realms of possibility he has been told that, as its widely known him and benitez don't get on.

i would be not too surprised he is going there. There is a reason no deal could be done for him in Europe: injury prone & massive wages & you have to build your team around him like Carlo did. So not a lot teams wanted him and the ones who did were probably not attractive to him. Now he goes to earn even more and he gets away with not doing much defending or missing games through injury.

When fit a great player but in his case i understand Benitez. If Benitez want to play high intensity/work hard as a foundation, he looks a fool if you play James

If he’s actually going to UAE then to me he doesn’t have the right attitude and hunger for the premier league.
Yes he can make lots more money on top of the riches already accrued playing for top European clubs but surely he would rather wait until the January window and back himself to get a move to somewhere more competitive, even if it meant cutting the weekly wage. I have no doubt he could pick up a 3-5mil a year contract in a top league and we’d waive the transfer fee to get him gone but if he doesn’t fancy it then I’d have to say I think Benitez is right on this one as much as I loved watching James last season.
He hasn't had the right hunger since around 2015.

He's only bossed farmers leagues in France and Portugal, had a lucky 5 games in a World Cup that put him on the radar of Florentino Perez who loves a instant shiny toy, and he becase a bit part player there, same on loan for 2 years at Bayern, and the PL was to fast and physical for him.

Playing in the ME is his level, he's inconsistent , his body is also not cut for the rigours of playing in one of the top leagues in Europe, people think he's a top player, he's only shown it for a summer in 2014 going against tired players.

"Ever just feel like you love in an airport"

hqdefault (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.