2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s actually going to UAE then to me he doesn’t have the right attitude and hunger for the premier league.
Yes he can make lots more money on top of the riches already accrued playing for top European clubs but surely he would rather wait until the January window and back himself to get a move to somewhere more competitive, even if it meant cutting the weekly wage. I have no doubt he could pick up a 3-5mil a year contract in a top league and we’d waive the transfer fee to get him gone but if he doesn’t fancy it then I’d have to say I think Benitez is right on this one as much as I loved watching James last season.

He needs game to get back in the Colombia squad. He doesn't have any options really if he has to move now.

I'm not a Benitez super fan by any stretch, but I do not believe that even he could be so stubborn to not even consider James for a position on the bench. If he hated James so much, I don't think he would have even given him minutes in pre-season. There is no manager on earth dumb enough to think that a bench containing an empty chair is preferable to having one with James Rodriguez sitting on it.

I think his availability has been taken out of Benitez's hands entirely and the club are just desperate to get him off the wage bill. I am absolutely certain that he is on at least 200k a week which is why we were reportedly open to paying him a portion of his wages to go out on loan to Portugal or Turkey.

It exposes how disastrous our strategic planning is that they actually shelled out the money they did on James in a Covid hit economy when they surely should have known how close we'd be in just 12 short months to the Profit and Sustainability threshold. Heads should absolutely be rolling for how incompetently we've been managed, starting with that utter waster Marcel Brands.

News coming in that the lads from KEIOC are starting a new campaign and are going to petition Moshiri with KJIOC. Not got the full details yet but the proposal highlights the great relationship Dunc has with James and proposes that he be given the managers role earlier than previously planned.

I'm not a Benitez super fan by any stretch, but I do not believe that even he could be so stubborn to not even consider James for a position on the bench. If he hated James so much, I don't think he would have even given him minutes in pre-season. There is no manager on earth dumb enough to think that a bench containing an empty chair is preferable to having one with James Rodriguez sitting on it.

I think his availability has been taken out of Benitez's hands entirely and the club are just desperate to get him off the wage bill. I am absolutely certain that he is on at least 200k a week which is why we were reportedly open to paying him a portion of his wages to go out on loan to Portugal or Turkey.

It exposes how disastrous our strategic planning is that they actually shelled out the money they did on James in a Covid hit economy when they surely should have known how close we'd be in just 12 short months to the Profit and Sustainability threshold. Heads should absolutely be rolling for how incompetently we've been managed, starting with that utter waster Marcel Brands.

This all a big nuclear truth bomb, L.

No.

He's off to Qatar by the looks. So Benitez was telling a porky.
If we sell James now, or worse loan him and subsidise his wages, we are leaving ourselves incredibly short in attacking options, as we saw at the weekend. This is pure vendetta from Benitez.

If our injury luck continues in the same vein, then the manager, the people who e.oyed hi., and all the mindless psychophants who support him will deserve everything that comes our way.

Past caring now until that hateful Manager is out of our club. Still can't believe I was naive enough to give him the benefit of the doubt Toff. He's everything I expected him to be

Hahaha.

Even ignoring the fact that no sane business would add up the cost of a contract to include an optional third year, £20m over three years is £130k a week. Not £90k.

Just admit you’re wrong, it’s not hard.

I wouldn't use sane business as a defence really

Latest news from Pope Cortina.

Following the breakdown in talks and the Turkish window closing, Everton have a new cunning plan.

The upfuckistan transfer window is still open and Everton are confident that they can offload James Rodriguez to GoatHerders afc of the upfuckistan premier conference on loan, for no fee, whilst paying James his full wages and image rights for the remainder of his contract, and also covering the costs of James Vape fluid for the rest of the contract, which runs into the millions, due to his appalling addiction.

Marcel Brands said " We have to get him off the wages, it is crippling us him earning £2900000000 pw, but this will be a great deal for Everton and James. The MEGA Da's will be buzzing on GOT, so it's all good, and will get them off my case for a bit. Anyway, I'm off to book a holiday, see you next summer, bellends!"
Had to vault my own post - seems I wasnt too far away from the truth, which is really sad in itself.

We are beyond parody as a football club - there is zero point in hoofing a player of James quality out of the club, outside of our transfer window, when we cannot replace him and especially considering the mini injury crisis we are in the midst of?!

The only thing this helps is assuage Benitezs hatred of the player - it's cutting your nose off to spite your face, and it lessens Everton on the pitch - the Benitez cult must see this.

How can any Evertonian be pleased that we have lessened our attacking options, with no way to replace him?!

Had to vault my own post - seems I wasnt too far away from the truth, which is really sad in itself.

We are beyond parody as a football club - there is zero point in hoofing a player of James quality out of the club, outside of our transfer window, when we cannot replace him and especially considering the mini injury crisis we are in the midst of?!

The only thing this helps is assuage Benitezs hatred of the player - it's cutting your nose off to spite your face, and it lessens Everton on the pitch - the Benitez cult must see this.

How can any evertoniab be pleased that we have lessened our attacking options, with no way to replace him.

I think there’s a possibility that the extra year extension on his contract would be triggered after a certain number of appearances, which neither the club or the player want. I honestly think this goes above the manager’s head here, it’s just a convenient human shield for the board the hide behind because of his past history with the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.