2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad somehow thinks Gordon is good, yet I think he's terrible. Are you one of the older generation? No offence intended by that, but I think many older fans allow their judgements to be clouded by where players come from. Gordon will be lucky to make it in the Championship, never mind the Premier. He's literally not done a thing for us.
I'm 50 and I have seen nothing so far to suggest Gordon is a PL level player.

He might yet develop but as a fanbase we have an awful tendency to overhype academy prospects.

So he wasn’t injured ? I can’t keep track .

Basically can I Just check this is right we are moving a player, who by any metric did ok last season , out of the club after our window has shut when we couldn’t fill our bench at the weekend ?
Rafael said he was training normally at the presser before the game, was training the week before too just not selected.

ToffeeTv tonight
3FB3D2F8-4646-4A06-85FA-0B1A9138CC56.jpeg

I'm 50 and I have seen nothing so far to suggest Gordon is a PL level player.

He might yet develop but as a fanbase we have an awful tendency to overhype academy prospects.
Me dad is 74 and thinks Gordon is ace. Bit of a shame. He doesn't say the same about Tom Davies, however, which should be seen as the ultimate insult to him.

Hopefully he has a new club by the end of the week, if so BIG questions need to be asked about Brands, sounds like Rafael is capable of getting his wages off the books but Marcel couldn't, if so whats the point of having a DOF at the club, he is no longer needed.

So what if he didn't sprint around? He does things other players can't. Not one of our players scores 4/6 goals he scored for us last year. Not one.

We've currently got a front four available that you'd see rock up play for Norwich and think "yeah, we should beat these"
He’ll be doing all of those brilliant things in the UAE ?
Don’t you wonder why he’s ended up there, completion unwanted by any top team in a top league
Have a think

I don't think its just Rafael that wants him out but also the club given our situation, so Rafael is towing the company line not putting him in the squad in order to force a move. He has to play to keep up his image and ego as some have stated, not to mention getting back into the national side which he is very keen on - image again?? He doesn't fit the Rafael game plan and Rafael wont change the whole setup for him and I am ok with that, he is the manager. But if we can recoup all/big chunk of his salary then all for it, would ensure he wouldn't get any bonuses either. I will mention it but as its in the "media" not sure of its reliability but Nuno wanted him to play a major role for him, but the club had set their sites to get rid along with his salary so Nuno didn't get the nod. If true the above makes more sense. Disclaimer: Stated previously though if he was here I would think a slot on the bench when chasing games would be a good option. Yes great player just wrong time and perhaps place for us.

Club before player everytime.
Carlo was lauded due to his special treatment of managing James, until he gave him a sabbatical, which speaks volumes now with hindsight.
I do not want Benitez at the helm, but if at least he wants to remain here.
Anyone believing James does want to be here are kidding themselves.
Leaving him away from the squad is the right thing to do at this time.
If he is sold. See ya. Same as Van Der Meyde in my eyes setting up Gosling's goal against the Sh1te. That is his pinnacle in a blue shirt.
If he stays, then be good to see him on the pitch doing good things again, but on the club's terms
Always.

Doesn’t want to be here and on £200k a week when we need to reduce the wage bill so a no brainier he’s off.

For someone with his ability, it’s pretty embarrassing for him to be off to Qatar already, he’s still only 30.

Not arsed that he’s off, even though we’re a no.10 short.

Status
Not open for further replies.