2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a 5-4-1 he wouldn't play.

In a 4-2-3-1 like the first few games he can go in at 10.

With Gray, Richy and Townsend he would have a lot of options for killer passes of the kind we saw vs the RS away last season, or like Doucs last night.

That said with Gomes coming on we’d have Doucs breaking forward as well (as we did last night) so that might make more impact. I don’t think that would happen as much with James as Doucs would have to protect the midfield.

If he plays though he has to buy into what the rest of the squad are doing, having someone operate under separate rules just for himself is bad enough but when they are starting to smash teams it’s going to ruin the mood that is vital to us doing something positive.

With Gray, Richy and Townsend he would have a lot of options for killer passes of the kind we saw vs the RS away last season, or like Doucs last night.

That said with Gomes coming on we’d have Doucs breaking forward as well (as we did last night) so that might make more impact. I don’t think that would happen as much with James as Doucs would have to protect the midfield.

If he plays though he has to buy into what the rest of the squad are doing, having someone operate under separate rules just for himself is bad enough but when they are starting to smash teams it’s going to ruin the mood that is vital to us doing something positive.

I don't really understand the opinion of him not doing his defensive duties. He's not quick so can't close down or press as well as others so maybe that's all people are seeing.

Nice fat bit of conjecture there.

Are you telling me, if he's fully fit, you wouldn't even have him in the matchday squad? I know you think the Sun shines directly out of Benitez's ringpiece but think if you say no you're showing true colours.
Unless he shows/proves he's committed - no. If he does, yes. It's completely up to him.
Can't see it happening though as hard work/commitment doesn't appear to be his strongest trait.

I hope he and the manager can sort their differences like Adults. He gets his head down and he works to get back in the team. It’s an unwelcome distraction from our very positive start to the season.
Let's not be distracted by him then. Crack on without him until he proves he can be arsed - not going too bad without him at the moment

How can he show it if he won’t get picked?

Townsend, everyone's new fave (played very well yesterday tbf) said in his interview with Mail Sport over the weekend how hard James has worked in training over the last 3 weeks.

RB's excuse for not having him in yesterday's squad was match fitness. Fair enough, his call, he's the manager. But he undermined it by picking Rondon and lobbing him on and he looked like he'd come fresh from the pub. As you would do when your last game was in May for CSKA Moscow.

How can he show it if he won’t get picked?
He does it in training and he also stops posting crap online - then see what happens, this isn't just about Everton, he can't even get into his national side at the moment even though he's a national hero

James and Benitez go way back. If your James, you know Benitez doesn't want you around. I can see it from my humble standpoint, so he definitely can.
so why stay? his agent could have got a team in one of the big leagues to give him a one year contract, with Everton paying up any balance so he didn't lose out. But he didn't bother. Why? He quite fancies doing not very much til January, and having pops at Benitez every now and again? Whatever the reason, anyone expecting a fully motivated James to come roaring off the subs bench is in for a bit of a shock. We'll see what happens at QPR

So you wouldn't fancy seeing what he could do v Norwich at home (our game after QPR)? Even from the bench.

I haven't a problem with James off the bench mate but im not bothered either way.

He's not here past this season and doesnt suit our system - In Raf we trust he'll do whats right for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.