2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to play because he wants back in the Colombia team. Benitez hates him and knows if he keeps him out Rodriguez will have to eventually force a move to get game time to play for Colombia. He’ll be gone in January can guarantee.
Hate is a strong word Benitez is to professional to say or even think that. But I would imagine he dislikes the way James plays, not the skill full talented side of things, but the laziness when the other team has the ball, he doesn’t want to do the hard work that Benitez demands from his players.

Can only see him getting 15 minutes in games at best. He won't be starting games unless there is an injury crisis, and he'll probably be one of those injured himself then.

Can only see him getting 15 minutes in games at best. He won't be starting games unless there is an injury crisis, and he'll probably be one of those injured himself then.
Crazy as it sounds given his wages, he could be a good option off the bench when we need to change things. Probably as a 10 off a striker. Surely not as a right mid any more... Coleman looks far more stable with Townsend protecting the right side.

Crazy as it sounds given his wages, he could be a good option off the bench when we need to change things. Probably as a 10 off a striker. Surely not as a right mid any more... Coleman looks far more stable with Townsend protecting the right side.

I don’t think it’s crazy to suggest a player with his ability would be good off the bench. People seem to have forgotten he is amazing at football.

I don’t think it’s crazy to suggest a player with his ability would be good off the bench. People seem to have forgotten he is amazing at football.
I mean crazy in the sense that he isn't an automatic starter. I think he's great, but clearly we can't carry him

How do we fit him in though? He is on the bench because he doesn't get in the team, too many players have nailed down a spot while he didnt even know we were playing.

How do we fit him in though? He is on the bench because he doesn't get in the team, too many players have nailed down a spot while he didnt even know we were playing.

Well he's not even on the bench so it's a moot point but if he's available he should be in the squad. How you can leave someone that can do what he can do out is baffling.

Well he's not even on the bench so it's a moot point but if he's available he should be in the squad. How you can leave someone that can do what he can do out is baffling.
Maybe he couldn't be bothered, if Tom Davies can fight for a place so can he.
To play him you have to leave someone out, who? Dont forget DCL will walk back in so there is even less opportunity for him to make the 11, too many players are automatic starts, James isn't one of them

Maybe he couldn't be bothered, if Tom Davies can fight for a place so can he.
To play him you have to leave someone out, who? Dont forget DCL will walk back in so there is even less opportunity for him to make the 11, too many players are automatic starts, James isn't one of them

Nice fat bit of conjecture there.

Are you telling me, if he's fully fit, you wouldn't even have him in the matchday squad? I know you think the Sun shines directly out of Benitez's ringpiece but think if you say no you're showing true colours.

Nice fat bit of conjecture there.

Are you telling me, if he's fully fit, you wouldn't even have him in the matchday squad? I know you think the Sun shines directly out of Benitez's ringpiece but think if you say no you're showing true colours.
Who drops out for him? 3 times I've asked, it's not a difficult question, lets just with last night, who?
James isnt a starting player.

Status
Not open for further replies.