2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
...you do know that @coollino was not being serious?
If not, perhaps you may want to self-impose a limit on your exposure to the internet.
...you do know that @coollino was not being serious?
If not, perhaps you may want to self-impose a limit on your exposure to the internet.
Well if you had read the next comments before jumping you would have got the answer to that. Maybe your too excited, should limit your exposure to the internet

Ha, biblical sense. Really? Now I'm really curious about the story behind the word.

Btw, I appreciate the added description ;)

Thick relates to the erroneous old belief that the thickness of one's skull was directly related to their intelligence.

A thicker skull, less room for a big brain in essence.

Most of a certain age will have at sometime heard "can't you get it through your thick skull" when they or someone is being a bit slow on the uptake.

Growing up he also used to have a speech disability so at times it seems he still has trouble with words and expressing himself clearly.

Yeah, I was aware of that. Just hope him and the Manager can sort whatever issues they have out.

My perhaps naive thinking is that managing RM, and the attendant superstar players, is different gravy to managing Everton. With one superstar player.

Thick relates to the erroneous old belief that the thickness of one's skull was directly related to their intelligence.

A thicker skull, less room for a big brain in essence.

Most of a certain age will have at sometime heard "can't you get it through your thick skull" when they or someone is being a bit slow on the uptake.
Awwwww Tommy. I knew I could count on you on more than just recipes ;) Thanks for going over the roots of this word. X

I love the player. But, is he a bit thick? Like Ross Barkley was a decent footballer, but thick as mince. I am sure its the same in Colombia, but the vast majority of UK footballers come from a working class background, and while media coaching and being in academies since they were 2, has taught them how to behave, the Marcus Rashfords and Raheem Sterling examples are still pretty rare.
Having a working class background has nothing to do with being thick.
Being a told how great you are at age two, that's what makes some young people the [Poor language removed] that they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.