2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think we'd keep him at all after Ancelotti left, now it looks like both the club and the player wanted the marriage to end. Ah well, he was cracking on his day but I'll not shed tears for him as some of his comments left a bad taste in my mouth. The fact his tenure ended before Iwobi and Delphs does seem like the sardonic twist of fate that usually befalls us in modern times! lol

I think you have to point the finger at Benitez on this. No way was James going to get any game time.

One of the most creative players in the world shipped out and it’s genuinely being celebrated in here,” doesn’t run around tho lad”. Honestly you lot deserve Iwobi, Tom Davies and Rondon.

He doesn’t look right in red.

**weeps**
He’s a very good footballer, nobody is denying that.

re “you lot deserve Iwobi, Tom Davies and Rondon”…..no we really don’t, because we all know they are garbage and championship level players, but we don’t pick them to play for Everton.

One of the most creative players in the world shipped out and it’s genuinely being celebrated in here,” doesn’t run around tho lad”. Honestly you lot deserve Iwobi, Tom Davies and Rondon.

He doesn’t look right in red.

**weeps**
He’s a very good footballer, nobody is denying that.

re “you lot deserve Iwobi, Tom Davies and Rondon”…..no we really don’t, because we all know they are garbage and championship level players, but we don’t pick them to play for Everton.

Who picked them to play tuesday mert ?
This is an odd tangent imo

Most people agree it’s daft trying to keep player who wants out and I think it’s not-too-thinly-veiled that he wanted to go.

I think some people are over-complicating the issue.

This is an odd tangent imo

Most people agree it’s daft trying to keep player who wants out and I think it’s not-too-thinly-veiled that he wanted to go.

I think some people are over-complicating the issue.
You think what you want thats your right.
My thoughts from day one of Benitez being hired James would be on his way wether he wanted or not.
Benitez was that hell bent in getting him out failings in the transfer market appeared.
Delph , Iwobi , Davies , Tosun, Kenny & Gomes should have been shipped well before him.
No RB or LB cover , Rondon in the last hours and late bids for Diaz & Patterson shows the focus was firmly getting James out the door ( & cant be replaced til January if at all).
Then to top it off yesterday the manager states he wanted players for the long term yet kept players with far longer contracts than James that offer nothing.
James had half a season left , but he wanted him punted before anything.

But he's gone now and the squad looks far worse , but it is what it is.

You think what you want thats your right.
My thoughts from day one of Benitez being hired James would be on his way wether he wanted or not.
Benitez was that hell bent in getting him out failings in the transfer market appeared.
Delph , Iwobi , Davies , Tosun, Kenny & Gomes should have been shipped well before him.
No RB or LB cover , Rondon in the last hours and late bids for Diaz & Patterson shows the focus was firmly getting James out the door ( & cant be replaced til January if at all).
Then to top it off yesterday the manager states he wanted players for the long term yet kept players with far longer contracts than James that offer nothing.
James had half a season left , but he wanted him punted before anything.

But he's gone now and the squad looks far worse , but it is what it is.
Who would take them though????

Were there bids or hearsay?
No idea, I'm not privy to club business so would'nt know if there were actual 'bids' involved but knowing us it was probably just paper talk. Tbh we could move these players on easily, a club will always take them but it's most likely going to involve a wage cut for a few of them and tbh given that we were stupid enough to offer those inflated wages in the first place I don't blame said players for refusing to move on, football is a short career. It's a situation of our own making sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.