2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a shame a player of his quality has gone. I’d hoped we’d get at least a handful of decent performances out of him this season once the major European transfer windows had closed.

Hopefully it’ll afford us a bit more movement in the market in the next couple of windows.

As for James, he’s effectively retired by going there. Seems like a waste to me.

All round, bit of a shame.

Yeah he flew to Colombia injured when he could of at least made an appearance at Goodison. We had 6500 fans back and nobody even got to see our star man.

That we can agree on, yes it was a shame but it's not a huge deal as some make out. Perhaps he already had the inside scoop from Carlo by then and knew it was over. Who knows.

I think that it is down to one thing, and that is that he wants to have one last world cup, has been told by the Columbia coach he needs to be playing, has been told by Benitez he's behind Gray, Townsend Gordon, and Iwobi.

Covid has hit all the European clubs and no one was spending. James only choice for football due to the way things have been handled was Qatar.

Could have gone to Porto though mate.

All moot now anyway now hes gone.

Well done Everton, Just what we needed. Get rid of a player when we have multiple injuries, struggling to field a full strength team, zero depth and struggling to even fill a subs bench, slaughtered 3 - 0 against a team that we should be competitive against, knocked out of a cup already due to being crap and cannot sign anyone decent for over 3 months. Despite all of his negatives and there are plenty of them, even a half assed, half fit playing only half the games James would have made us slightly better for the next 3 months. Don't worry though we have got Do one Ron and Iwobi.

Don't think there is any other club in the premier league that is as badly run as this one.

oh mate, fully agree. In no way am I putting this on Rafael. It was a convenient excuse for the club.

Yeah, I don't know enough about the guy. What I will say is that the PR manager will not necessarily be the press officer, however. The PO, as far as I'm aware, hasn't changed.

Yeah - well he was press officer at Burnley, so I dont know whether PR manager is an upgrade or a downgrade, who knows.

He's gone then. How does that help out FFP now?
£10m in saved wages, potential for a fee to be paid too. All adds in to the budget. If we hadn’t made such a severe loss a couple of years back FFP wouldn’t be a problem. Nobody expected the pandemic to crush football as it did though.

We’re making a loss for this years accounts for sure, the severity is unknown until published but no doubt there will be a new sponsorship or another marketing partner (USM) to put money into the club to balance this years figure. Once the 3 year average excludes the really bad season we had, we can potentially start spending heavy again if Moshiri is still up for bankrolling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.