2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some high-level data I included in an article a few weeks ago (no, it wasn't a hit piece, was just off Benitez's comments about him needing to adapt to the team etc)

- Played 26 games in all competitions last season, James scored six goals and provided eight assists, creating 54 chances, placing him second in Everton's squad behind Gylfi Sigurdsson (60), who made 18 appearances more.

- James led the way for Everton with chances created from open play (38) and when it came to crafting big chances (defined by Opta as a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score).

- Per 90 minutes played, James created 0.56 big chances in the Premier League, putting him just below Jack Grealish and Bruno Fernandes (0.58), ranking sixth in the competition in that metric from players to play 20 or more matches.

- Completing games may well be the biggest challenge for James. He was substituted in 16 matches last season, more than any other Everton player.
JR's statistics are very good. Surprisingly well. So I do not know what happened behind the scenes. I think it's about financial reasons, the managers' system, JR's injury history, and maybe that JR does not really want to play for Everton. I do not think there is a single cause. Regardless, it is time to look ahead and accept the situation.

I'd argue that if he dedicated himself to doing what his talent should be doing then we would have no problem paying him the wages he is on.

You can not have the highest paid player at the club treating it like it's a part time job.

This isn't all about money...... This is about changing the culture of the club and it's sending a clear message to anyone who thinks they are too good to roll up their sleeves.

Spot on....

The wages issue would create resentment problems in any work environment.....imagine your working your ass off, and a co-worker who makes twice or 3 times your salary is just coasting along....it will eat away over time at even the most easy going of personality...

James is a wonderful talent...but there's a reason he ended up at Everton, and we've struggled to offload him again...

With the way Benitez wants to play, he doesn't fit.....just a shame we couldn't have got rid during the summer window and brought in a replacement then....but if we can get rid, its a huge savings for the next window

Spot on....

The wages issue would create resentment problems in any work environment.....imagine your working your ass off, and a co-worker who makes twice or 3 times your salary is just coasting along....it will eat away over time at even the most easy going of personality...

James is a wonderful talent...but there's a reason he ended up at Everton, and we've struggled to offload him again...

With the way Benitez wants to play, he doesn't fit.....just a shame we couldn't have got rid during the summer window and brought in a replacement then....but if we can get rid, its a huge savings for the next window

Why do people keep talking about him like he doesn't train hard or something with zero knowledge of it?

I should`ve made it clearer.

All I wanted to know was, who told him.

Was it the microwave, the voices in his head or someone at the club.

As I suspect a lot in this thread are getting their info from the first two.
Ahhhhh.
You should've said...
Screenshot_20210920-182704_WhatsApp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.