2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ultimately James knew he would never fit a Benitez model hence him wanting to leave. No one wanted him as they were likely still needing to pay £100k p/w as he won't be available for every game and the ones he does play he won't do the whole match. This means you have to be a rich team with space for an enigmatic star. If Everton were considering signing him I would say know but because he was here I wanted to utilise. Absolute fabulous player unfortunately made of glass.

Did you read the article mate?

It had a direct quote from a 'senior coach' and also was basically just a hit piece on Brands and Carlo and a love-in for RB.

Again, not saying I disagree with the Brands and Carlo criticism at all. But Joyce is suddenly very much back in the loop having been out of it for quite a while. Simon Hughes in the athletic, another red journo, had the same info.

But again how can that be validated?

Richard Keys said a "friend" told him EFC were up for sale - do we believe him as well?

Im not saying you're right or wrong mate im just saying you see a quote or an article and believe it must be true because it quotes an "unidentified mole".

I go off the fachts these days - we made a loan move for Niles, he cried on Social Media and Arsenal/Arteta blocked his move.

Thats all factual - anything else is hearsay ultimately.

In my time I must have seen nearly 1000 players put on the Everton kit. A thousand more will come after him (hopefully I get to see them all lol) I actually quite like the lad regardless of how it all ended but we are deluding ourselves if we thought he was ever going to recapture that form he had with Madrid and Colombia. I will also say it is a great shame if the Colombian people who I have met and become friends with since his arrival follow him out, as I have a great fondness for them as well. The club will be fine and so will James. Thanks for the assist against Liverpool fella, and best of luck to you.

The posters claiming they want delph out as well and acting as if its the same, you may want him out, like most of us, but you certainly aren't treating him with the same vitriol as you are treating James. Or certainly the two threads are worlds apart.

And it'd laughable to pretend like you are.
One thing that may be a difference is that I don't think anybody's really advocating particularly hard for Delph on there, so there aren't many arguments, as opposed to this one, where there's been a lot more back and forth that sometimes simmers to a boil.

In my time I must have seen nearly 1000 players put on the Everton kit. A thousand more will come after him (hopefully I get to see them all lol) I actually quite like the lad regardless of how it all ended but we are deluding ourselves if we thought he was ever going to recapture that form he had with Madrid and Colombia. I will also say it is a great shame if the Colombian people who I have met and become friends with since his arrival follow him out, as I have a great fondness for them as well. The club will be fine and so will James. Thanks for the assist against Liverpool fella, and best of luck to you.
Why would they do that?

That doesn't make sense. They either support Everton or they dont. What does nationality have to do with it?

The posters claiming they want delph out as well and acting as if its the same, you may want him out, like most of us, but you certainly aren't treating him with the same vitriol as you are treating James. Or certainly the two threads are worlds apart.

And it'd laughable to pretend like you are.
the attitude might be a bit similar but comparing Delph to James is like comparing a Sandero to a Maserati

Why would they do that?

That doesn't make sense. They either support Everton or they dont. What does nationality have to do with it?
I only meant that quite a few Colombians I have met became interested after James arrived, and I hope their interest long continues! The more Evertonians the better, regardless of how they came to support us!

I really really really really really really hate Benitez mate.
swanson-my-man.gif

I only meant that quite a few Colombians I have met became interested after James arrived, and I hope their interest long continues! The more Evertonians the better, regardless of how they came to support us!
I dont think the ones on here will walk away. They presumably never thought that James would play for Everton that much given his record and that he'd move on pretty quickly.

I still can't believe people think we're in a position to carry this waster because he's got a nice showreel. Shouting off about Benitez while Rodriguez pulls down their pants, and whispers in their ear that he doesn't know who Everton are playing next. Terrible signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.