2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they gave Benitez a standing ovation.
They gave him a warm reception. Not a standing ovation.

When James joins the fray for the first time at Goodison, you'll see what a standing ovation really is. ;)

He starts putting himself before the club and results go against us (even just the one Dave) the fans will start demanding answers from him. And it could be a home draw against one of our peers, it doesn't need to be a bad loss.

They gave him a warm reception. Not a standing ovation.

When James joins the fray for the first time at Goodison, you'll see what a standing ovation really is. ;)

He starts putting himself before the club and results go against us (even just the one Dave) the fans will start demanding answers from him. And it could be a home draw against one of our peers, it doesn't need to be a bad loss.
It will be like a returning king. If he scores the roof will off. ?

Gray, Richarlison and DCL start. Iwobi and Townsend are in front of him (in Benitez mind imo). Iwobi needs a run at 10 but pressure will be too much for him with James on sideline. Fans won’t be patient. Benitez needs to be pragmatic and show that James is part of his plans or he’ll bring pressure on himself.
Fans aren’t daft, if James plays and stinks the gaff out then no one will crave him, the craving comes from knowing we have a potential world class player that’s not being used.

I know they gave Benitez a standing ovation.
Unless the pre match beers hit me harder than I thought and I dozed off that absolutely didn’t happen . I’d certainly say he got a warmer reception than I expected , he got less of a reception than nearly every other previous new manager but it was warm and I’m sure he and the club were happy with it . After the game it was pretty good as well but standing ovation wasn’t something I saw or experienced.

Gray, Richarlison and DCL start. Iwobi and Townsend are in front of him (in Benitez mind imo). Iwobi needs a run at 10 but pressure will be too much for him with James on sideline. Fans won’t be patient. Benitez needs to be pragmatic and show that James is part of his plans or he’ll bring pressure on himself.
Fans aren’t daft, if James plays and stinks the gaff out then no one will crave him, the craving comes from knowing we have a potential world class player that’s not being used.
I agree with this mate. ?

When I read it though I must confess that it felt like you'd typed it on one of these.

Unless the pre match beers hit me harder than I thought and I dozed off that absolutely didn’t happen . I’d certainly say he got a warmer reception than I expected , he got less of a reception than nearly every other previous new manager but it was warm and I’m sure he and the club were happy with it . After the game it was pretty good as well but standing ovation wasn’t something I saw or experienced.
We are a decent set of fans until things aren't going right on the pitch or behind the scenes. It is the Everton way.

exactly. Im thinkiing 90 minutes at QPR will take the air out of this particular balloon

Oh no doubt , that’s why I agree with the poster earlier who disagrees that the manager can ride out a bad run . It won’t take much for angry blues to vent .
Spot on.

Benitez has some credit in the bank, due to that fairly positive start we've made, but if things start going pear shaped and/or he continually keeps James out of the match day squad, especially when the injuries bite, things will go the other way rapidly.

i just hope he can get past his ego, not be pigheaded, and give him a chance.

It's all on James then, but I'd sooner have him to come on as an option than Delph or two keepers, and it makes no sense if Benitez doesn't see things that way.

James needs to work hard and show he wants it, which I think he will do, if given the opportunity.

Spot on.

Benitez has some credit in the bank, due to that fairly positive start we've made, but if things start going pear shaped and/or he continually keeps James out of the match day squad, especially when the injuries bite, things will go the other way rapidly.

i just hope he can get past his ego, not be pigheaded, and give him a chance.

It's all on James then, but I'd sooner have him to come on as an option than Delph or two keepers, and it makes no sense if Benitez doesn't see things that way.

James needs to work hard and show he wants it, which I think he will do, if given the opportunity.

Good post, it's down to James, he got to give it all in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.