2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but a place to start would be at least to get him in a match day squad - not sure the Burnley game would be the right one - they'd just be looking to boot him up in the air, but the Villa or Norwich games are possibilities!
I would ease him in gently definitely, he should be fit and fresh though, come through pre season ok pity he was hung out to dry before deadline day as that's going to be mentally harder to get over than injuries I would imagine.

Can't be nice knowing the manager doesn't really want you despite you being a better player than most of the squad.

Agree, but a place to start would be at least to get him in a match day squad - not sure the Burnley game would be the right one - they'd just be looking to boot him up in the air, but the Villa or Norwich games are possibilities!

Think it depends if DCL is fit, if DCL is not fit, he has a broken toe and a thigh strain, we could play Richarlison up top with James behind like we did a few times last season. If DCL is not fit I think James should be on the bench with Rondon and then we can switch it up if required.

Think it depends if DCL is fit, if DCL is not fit, he has a broken toe and a thigh strain, we could play Richarlison up top with James behind like we did a few times last season. If DCL is not fit I think James should be on the bench with Rondon and then we can switch it up if required.
Richarlison and James as a front two worked well against the RS. Deffo think they’re an option for games when a bit more guile is required.

Article by Kirkbride this morning @BlueToff now saying Rodriguez is on AT LEAST 200K lol

It'll be 500k a week by the weekend I reckon
$1m!

download.jpeg

Richarlison and James as a front two worked well against the RS. Deffo think they’re an option for games when a bit more guile is required.

I agree I think its just good to have options, since "he who must not be named" is unavailable we seem to be moving Richarlison more central, having Gray on the Left, which we have had some joy with, but if its not working or we are playing Richarlison as a CF instead of DCL, then we have James or Iwobi to play in that position behind the striker. I think our options in the forward areas are actually OK, its LB and RB where we seem light. I just hope James is given a chance under Benitez, he may not be his usual type of player, but he has the ability to unlock defences.

A system is called a system for a reason.

We will play different teams, but outside of the elite teams away from home (4/5 games) we'll play with pace and we'll play with width and all hands will need to be to the pumps or it wont work.

No way James fits that system.
What are you on about?
It takes money of the City variety to impose a system these days. And the acolytes of a prophet like Pep to implement it.
What we need and what we've got is a pragmatist.

Whether Rafael would've preferred James transferred out for different player, I'm sure, is a mute thought for him now.

Rafael has quickly found a realistic way to play with the players he's got. Surely a player like James just adds positively to what that collective is.

There's a lot of talk about James' passing and playing deep and rightly that doesn't make much sense given the rest.
But what James also has is a way of receiving the ball. His first touch exceptional, his second touch even more so - its what allows him the time and space to make those sublime passes.

What Rafael has done is put the emphasis on getting the ball at every opportunity to the man forward - ie the player on the ball is not to hesitate whether or not the player receiving the ball can cope with it, just play the best pass you can, its up to the receiver to deal with it. In doing this Rafael has instantly changed the mentality of the team.

People say that James goes hiding. Or is it that he is clever in knowing when and where he can receive the pass to the greatest effect for the players around. Was he hiding or were the players hesitating too long with the ball?

When James is showing forward of the ball the potential for something to happen is on.
The problem is that PL defences are good at suffocating and bullying the artist's creativity.
It'll be up Rafael the realist to sort that out.

It makes sense that he'll be used as a sub, probably in place of Iwobi. Probably with a reset in how the midfield covers.
But surely Rafael can see the realistic potential he has got in James.

James may be what sustains this team through the season by making it less predictable; something he didn't have at Newcastle.

Last edited:

That'll be next week mate.

It's ridiculous on so many levels.

Let's be honest, if someone had said to us last season that we had the chance to buy Rodriguez but he'd be on 200k a week we'd all say thanks but no thanks as we just aren't a club who can hand out that kind of contract.

So if he really is on that amount, well it's absolutley pathetic on the part of Brands, Kenwright and Moshiri pandering to Ancelotti and spunking so much on one player. I don't recall any articles though saying that's what he was on when he signed, everyone was saying what a great deal we got.

If we are that desperate to get rid of 200k worth of wages, then I suggest he shifts Kenny, one of Holgate, Mina or Keane, Gomes, Delph and Tosun for starters.

Oh wait I forgot, Brands is absolutely clueless when it comes to shifting players on without either giving them away or subsidising their wages.

Honestly, i wish everyone would Koff with this 200k a week baloney. It has all been made up and repeated on social media. Nobody knows what he is getting but i think it would be safe to assume that he is not on anywhere near that figure. This is Everton we are talking about, not Manure or City.

That's the thing Toff we can't play counter attacking footy every game because there will be teams that will just sit back and look to counter attack us, it will be up to us to find a way to break them down and that is where James comes in, a player who can unlock defences in the blink of an eye. I just hope him and Benitez can sort their ego's out.
All the noises coming out of the club are suggesting they’re still looking to move him on before January

an absolutely dreadful decision and shows blatantly how up the creek we are with finances

brands shouldn’t have a job

He firstly needs to apologise to the rest of the team and the manager for his antics and unprofessional behaviour over the summer months.

Time will tell whether he'll have the mindset to get himself back into the picture. Players with similar approaches in the past such as Drenthe, Van der Meyde have struggled.
Should the club apologise to him for trying to loan him to Russia?

everton are run abysmally

Status
Not open for further replies.