2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, i wish everyone would Koff with this 200k a week baloney. It has all been made up and repeated on social media. Nobody knows what he is getting but i think it would be safe to assume that he is not on anywhere near that figure. This is Everton we are talking about, not Manure or City.
Well not sure it’s ‘made up’ but it’s definitely been club briefed

the same club that last October were briefing it was around £90k a week

the truth is probably somewhere in the middle

Until it backfires on them, like when they fail to sell James. Now they have to find a way to undo the harm.
Well now they’re briefing that they’re going to try to get him to Portugal, Russia or Turkey

top of the club is a disgrace mate and fans keep letting them get away with this tripe. Already there’s people trying to justify not signing a right-back because ‘our full-backs don’t attack now anyway’

watch out for a stadium announcement or a charity thing soon enough

He firstly needs to apologise to the rest of the team and the manager for his antics and unprofessional behaviour over the summer months.

Time will tell whether he'll have the mindset to get himself back into the picture. Players with similar approaches in the past such as Drenthe, Van der Meyde have struggled.
What antics and behaviour, mate?

The club rightly tried to loan him out due to his disgraceful antics.

Lets hope he learns how to be a professional or hes gone in the summer.
Hahahahaha

he was told in July we would try to move him on. Sure, im sure he’d have been happy to leave

they tried to get rid because we can’t afford his wages - it’s pretty simple

I’m not using that as a stick to beat the club with. He’s on a lot of money and under Benitez wouldn’t be a regular

but you’re going way overboard - the club’s previous poor recruitment and inconsistent (which is ongoing under this useless DoF) strategy is the reason we’re in this mess.

Not once did he slag off Everton

we’ve had players literally refuse to turn up to training in the past
Being on somewhere between £90k and £200k a week (whichever it is) why couldn't he just keep his trap shut???........Show an ounce of respect? - I'm not allowed to go online and be disrespectful to my employer, shouldn't it be the same with him?

Being on somewhere between £90k and £200k a week (whichever it is) why couldn't he just keep his trap shut???........Show an ounce of respect? - I'm not allowed to go online and be disrespectful to my employer, shouldn't it be the same with him?

Its common sense mate. Even if you work part time at Tesco or somewhere you wouldn't be daft enough to slate your employer online.

What are you on about?
It takes money of the City variety to impose a system these days. And the acolytes of a prophet like Pep to implement it.
What we need and what we've got is a pragmatist.

Whether Rafael would've preferred James transferred out for different player, I'm sure, is a mute thought for him now.

Rafael has quickly found a realistic way to play with the players he's got. Surely a player like James just adds positively to what that collective is.

There's a lot of talk about James' passing and playing deep and rightly that doesn't make much sense given the rest.
But what James also has is a way of receiving the ball. His first touch exceptional, his second touch even more so - its what allows him the time and space to make those sublime passes.

What Rafael has done is put the emphasis on getting the ball at every opportunity to the man forward - ie the player on the ball is not to hesitate whether or not the player receiving the ball can cope with it, just play the best pass you can, its up to the receiver to deal with it. In doing this Rafael has instantly changed the mentality of the team.

People say that James goes hiding. Or is it that he is clever in knowing when and where he can receive the pass to the greatest effect for the players around. Was he hiding or were the players hesitating too long with the ball?

When James is showing forward of the ball the potential for something to happen is on.
The problem is that PL defences are good at suffocating and bullying the artist's creativity.
It'll be up Rafael the realist to sort that out.

It makes sense that he'll be used as a sub, probably in place of Iwobi. Probably with a reset in how the midfield covers.
But surely Rafael can see the realistic potential he has got in James.

James may be what sustains this team through the season by making it less predictable; something he didn't have at Newcastle.
No one denies he has the ability; the doubt is over his commitment. he is a mercenary and will want to move on even sooner than we want him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.