2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Liverpool are in a spot of bother really.

As for us, if the right offer came in, I'm not sure we could turn it down this summer either. If we moved each of those 3 on (ideally Kean last with him getting a run to improve) it would allow us to invest very heavily, like 500m+ heavily.

Only positive with Kean is if he doesn't go this summer if he can grab himself a few goals off the bench then you would imagine clubs finances overseas will be stronger next summer and an Italian club may be willing to part with £30-35 million for the lad.

I dont see the point in losing James for nothing next summer - if someone offers £12-15 million take it and reinvest in 2 good younger players for the starting 11.

Only positive with Kean is if he doesn't go this summer if he can grab himself a few goals off the bench then you would imagine clubs finances overseas will be stronger next summer and an Italian club may be willing to part with £30-35 million for the lad.

I dont see the point in losing James for nothing next summer - if someone offers £12-15 million take it and reinvest in 2 good younger players for the starting 11.
2 players for the starting 11 for 12-15 million? We are not in the Championship yet.

2 players for the starting 11 for 12-15 million? We are not in the Championship yet.

We signed James on a free so say if we sold him for £15 million it would be a £15 million profit on the books for this years accounts (in terms of the fee I've not factored in the wages).

If we then signed Pereira + McNeil on 5 year deals for say £25 million each - whilst its a £50 million outlay those fees are spread over the duration of the 5 years on the books which would be £5 million each per year - so £10 million combined for the two players each year on the accounts (again im not factoring in the wages).

Thats just a simplistic way of looking at it but buying/selling players in terms of FFP is based on the book value/amortisation rather than the fee itself.

The owners want to invest but they have to balance the books hence the importance of being able to sell players for a profit / the USM sponser deals which all help the books.

Another good example is we signed DCL for £1.5 million - if we sold him for £75 million tomorrow it would be a massive boost in terms of what the owners could hypothetically spend on players.

We signed James on a free so say if we sold him for £15 million it would be a £15 million profit on the books for this years accounts (in terms of the fee I've not factored in the wages).

If we then signed Pereira + McNeil on 5 year deals for say £25 million each - whilst its a £50 million outlay those fees are spread over the duration of the 5 years on the books which would be £5 million each per year - so £10 million combined for the two players each year on the accounts (again im not factoring in the wages).

Thats just a simplistic way of looking at it but buying/selling players in terms of FFP is based on the book value/amortisation rather than the fee itself.

The owners want to invest but they have to balance the books hence the importance of being able to sell players for a profit / the USM sponser deals which all help the books.

Another good example is we signed DCL for £1.5 million - if we sold him for £75 million tomorrow it would be a massive boost in terms of what the owners could hypothetically spend on players.
Ah, I dont' argue with that, didn't understand what you meant.

Anyway, selling the best players when the squad is full of dross is not the best way to improve the team.
It's possible in theory, but with Brands' track record...

A good description of how the system works, unfortunately we won't get 15m for Jamez.

A good description of how the system works, unfortunately we won't get 15m for Jamez.

Even a fee of £10-12 million benefit us I would hope someone like Athletico or a Napoli type club would be interested.

Had PSG signed Kean for actual money we would have been alright this summer!

Agree. You don’t improve your team selling your best players. James is one of our best players.

This depends on what you do with the funds.

One interesting rumor is that James is on big wages that break the wage scale, and Benitez wants to shift him so he can afford to borrow Martial for a year. United wouldn't get all of the wages paid, but they'd get Martial on the pitch so that he doesn't lose value.

That makes sense, provided that we have a plan to get the attackers some service. If, say, we shifted Rico and brought in Coutinho, a RB and another AM on loan, that could work.

It's not how I'd do it, but it's a viable plan to get us to next season when we can afford under FFP to buy what we lack.

Even a fee of £10-12 million benefit us I would hope someone like Athletico or a Napoli type club would be interested.

Had PSG signed Kean for actual money we would have been alright this summer!
you will get exactly zero money if james leaves... teams are not fools, knowing benitez practically discarded james, they will play chicken and everton will have to eventually kneel... specially italian teams, cuz their league starts later than EPL. even if he leaves tomorrow, the best everton will get is to get rid of james salary, thats it. but the oportunity to get some fee from him is long gone, due to ... benitez

As much as it pains me I can see the logic in selling him. It allows us to play direct with the various wide players and forwards that all can run a bit. But it would still suck.

Are we paying him £200k per week?

£140k+

Highest earner on the books. Bernard was on £120k as an example. Do believe Mina is around the £120k too (which is usually why he's the one to be rumoured to be sold over Holgate and Keane) as well as Gomes.

Hence why I can't see any team coming in for him to pay a small fee (£10mill or so) and then saddle up £140+k in wages per week the way some of the finances are like in Europe.

His contract is up next summer? Forgot about that, really we should sell, yeah we might miss a few goals and assists from him but the buisness side of things needs addressing at Everton

£140k+

Highest earner on the books. Bernard was on £120k as an example. Do believe Mina is around the £120k too (which is usually why he's the one to be rumoured to be sold over Holgate and Keane) as well as Gomes.

Hence why I can't see any team coming in for him to pay a small fee (£10mill or so) and then saddle up £140+k in wages per week the way some of the finances are like in Europe.
Screenshot_20210801-224120_Chrome.jpg

How about we get shut of Delph ,Siggy & Gomes instead, thats just short of £300k pw.

His contract is up next summer? Forgot about that, really we should sell, yeah we might miss a few goals and assists from him but the buisness side of things needs addressing at Everton

The reality is if we dont and PSG dont sign Kean we aint getting a RB or RW in.

Which means a season of Coleman and Townsend/Gray as starting players with Iwobi in the midfield for half the season that James misses through injury.

Unfortunately he needs to be sold if we are to box clever this window - reinvest in a decent replacement who will be fit most games + a quality RB and any other activity done later on can get us a RW in towards the windows end.

Status
Not open for further replies.