2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought (hoped) the signings of gray and Townsend was benitez getting the legs around james to get the best out of him.
If he leaves we have a iwobi and the unmentionable one to play 10, with not even a decent link to a 10.
How uninspiring, I really hope he doesn't leave...

i dont think it needs too much, better defensively, more often and consistency from midfield, we had lots of injuries.

we have better wide options now too.
Yep, a more structured set up could help him, it just doesn't seem like his heart is in it.

Dunno, maybe he was just feeling a bit miserable last night, missing his kids etc.

Believe me, nobody would be happier than me to have a motivated James in the team next season. An unmotivated James is someone we can ill afford.

We deserve exactly what we get.

Like fans moaning now about how FFP is harsh on us. Fine, it probably is, it's a crap rule. But we've fallen foul of it and that's on us, not anyone else.
Mate, FFP is an absolute sham.

Our long-suffering fanbase absolutely deserve to see a world class talent like James play in front of a packed Goodison Park.

We absolutely deserved to see Koulibaly, Costa, Witsel and Mata playing through the spine of our team under the management of Mourinho as was intended by Usmanov and Moshiri back in 2016.

But we were hamstrung by FFP. More than I believe they anticipated. It's nigh on impossible for new money to make inroads without falling foul of it.

Make no mistake FFP is anti-competitive and designed to keep a small group of clubs where they are. It should be rallied against by fans and owners around Europe

He clearly not for sale sale like we're actively wanting to get rid and more down to if someone came in, we wouldn't rebuke offers - unlike say bids for Richarlison or DCL (even then we'd sell).

Lumping him in with Delph and Gomes is lazy journalism as both of them don't add anything to the squad.
I agree.

Too many Negatonians are using this as their latest anger fuel.

Our long-suffering fanbase absolutely deserve to see a world class talent like James play in front of a packed Goodison Park.

We absolutely deserved to see Koulibaly, Costa, Witsel and Mata playing through the spine of our team under the management of Mourinho as was intended by Usmanov and Moshiri back in 2016.

But we were hamstrung by FFP. More than I believe they anticipated. It's nigh on impossible for new money to make inroads without falling foul of it.

Make no mistake FFP is anti-competitive and designed to keep a small group of clubs where they are. It should be rallied against by fans and owners around Europe
What is this? Self-pity?

I know the rule is crap, but we know it's there and we've pushed it to the brink on crap, and crap brought in not just under Walsh and Koeman, btw.

I agree.

Too many Negatonians are using this as their latest anger fuel.
We can't afford a right-back that we've needed for 3 years.

We've got a Reds hero as manager.

We're pushed right to the brink at FFP.

We're happy to listen to offers to a player with genuine world class quality because we need wages off the books.

I'm fed up of giving the club the benefit of the doubt because they've done f all to deserve it.

He clearly not for sale sale like we're actively wanting to get rid and more down to if someone came in, we wouldn't rebuke offers - unlike say bids for Richarlison or DCL (even then we'd sell).

Lumping him in with Delph and Gomes is lazy journalism as both of them don't add anything to the squad.

Even if James was for sale I don't see a problem in that from the perspective of the manager.

For years the fanbase has bemoaned that our squad doesn't put in 100% fight/effort and they ultimately "see off" every manager who comes into the club and the first time we get a manager who comes in and tells the players not 100% committed that they may have to find another club the manager gets blamed! lol

You cant have it both ways - we either let the manager build the squad or you accept that the dressing room calls the shots at the club.

We’ve put ourselves in that position by years of poor player recruitment; over paying, long contracts and high wages

we have been coving other players lack of football ability with work horses and runners for 20 years.

why is other players weaknesses highlighted as much as James!?!

such an english way of looking at a player, and why we are and have been pants for years.
James has more ability that any player we have had for decades…and fans just look at his not running round like a mad man, its utter crazy.

what i said was in response to another post. I was attempting to highlight that despite having someone who is so much better than everyone else in the team, we still finished mid table and this was with a world class manager in Carlo.

James abilities far outweigh his shortcomings and with good players around him and a system (and that’s the key) to complement him we should be doing better.

I never mentioned him not running around like a mad man just that he can’t run and is snail slow. However it was his first year in English football and I think he’ll be better next season. (Thiago only started picking up towards the end of the season)

look how we played at the start of the season. It complemented James and we looked dangerous. Post Southampton away we started to shut down and the chances dried up.

People calling out Allan and Doucoure as well as wastes of money but when we were good last year they were 2 of our most effective players.

I don’t want James to go but I haven’t a clue what the solution is either with or without him.

I have just watched the James clips from his twitch stream.

I'm no psychologist but I suspect he's got a titty lip because the manager doesn't put him on a pedestal and allow him to do what he pleases. (no matter how good that can be)

Like all the current players he's been told I need you to do this and when we don't have the ball I need you to do this, this and also this.

That's just not James game.

I think he believes being told to do actual work means he's not wanted.

We're definitely closer to a Moyes a mentality than an Ancelotti one.
I agree. You're no psychologist

I think he is too much of a luxury player for us. He misses too many games. Great when he plays, but doesn’t do it frequently enough for us.
Get him on the front foot and he’s worth his weight in gold. Look at the passes and goals from distance. If he was doing that at another club we’d be asking why we can’t or don’t go in for players like that.

The team needs to be better next season.

Even if James was for sale I don't see a problem in that from the perspective of the manager.

For years the fanbase has bemoaned that our squad doesn't put in 100% fight/effort and they ultimately "see off" every manager who comes into the club and the first time we get a manager who comes in and tells the players not 100% committed that they may have to find another club the manager gets blamed! lol

You cant have it both ways - we either let the manager build the squad or you accept that the dressing room calls the shots at the club.

I don't think Benitez has done anything like that to be honest. Like he's gone in and fired shots.

The club have deemed a few players they're willing to let go. But none of them have been put on the scrap heap

Status
Not open for further replies.