2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see Barkley coming back to replace James, take some of the boo’s from the crowd off Benitez and aimed at Ross. Crafty Spanish waiter!

Hate to say it but compare the pride that lot over the park play with compared to us in recent years.

Liverpool let go of Coutinho who was one of their best players and filled the midfield with just fighters and little to no creativity which actually took them up a notch as it fitted Klopps system of letting the front 3 and fullbacks do the business.

Some of you lot have forgotten what it looks like having players who actually give a toss about putting in a shift for the shirt.

they sold Coutinho for over 100m

we would be lucky to 30M for James

the situations are not comparable

James is basically our only creative option now that Bernard and Number 10 are gone, he must stay

Hate to say it but compare the pride that lot over the park play with compared to us in recent years.

Liverpool let go of Coutinho who was one of their best players and filled the midfield with just fighters and little to no creativity which actually took them up a notch as it fitted Klopps system of letting the front 3 and fullbacks do the business.

Some of you lot have forgotten what it looks like having players who actually give a toss about putting in a shift for the shirt.
No. Under Moyes we had some committed players, but they were total bottlers. It's people like you who forget. They were losers too. You eulogise about Moyes but then go and compare them to a Liverpool team that won things.

Liverpool already had Salah, Mane and Firmino, but had a non-existent defence and a cardboard cutout GK. So they got a huge sum of money for Coutinho and spent a fortune on Alisson and Van Dijk to correct that. That's an entirely different scenario to us.

We have at best an average defence, a non-existent midfield, no quality wide players and a good but flawed striker. And we are looking to push out the only player that can elevate us above all the other dross around us in the league, for the first sniff of money. It's utter, utter madness. We don't create anything- James does.

Plus the thought of getting rid of James only to allow Benitez and his collection of scouting betamaxes that he shares with Tony Pulis to be responsible for the replacement terrifies me. He has always been terrible in the transfer market and (with the exception of Newcastle) he has been at clubs with much greater pulling power than we currently have.

Last edited:

this is just a taster of the destablilsing influence he can be when he's not happy. He raiises an eyebrow and twitter goes crazy. If he wante dto go, he can go. He certainly doesn't want to stay at Everton, so this is just pure snide aimed at Benitez

No

I agree but based on how things seems to work at the Club it will be very Evertonian type of thing so let’s hope the people upstairs have some brains lol

Making it to Europe for a road trip
And visiting Goodison is one of my main goals next year. I would also be so fun to finally meet some of you all too.
I’m a travelling Blue 3 or 4 times per year with kids and our flight is like 500 miles. Easy travel.

If you can make it over, GOT I’m sure will make it an event to welcome you and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.