2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

its basically similar to what happened to us with wayne rooney

we wanted to shift his heavy wages off the bill and an mls club came calling

if a club wants rodriguez i doubt we would stand in his way to move
This is bang on

but unlike Rooney, James is still world class. Not just ‘on his day’. He’s world class, ‘period’, as the yanks would say.

There is very little benefit to showing him the door. Brands and co need to realise that

Would be boss if he ends up still playing for us this season no matter how many games it is. He is looking quite fit, positive and happy currently so who knows, maybe he will stay. Hope so anyway as his quality is irreplaceable. Can all change very quickly though as we know.
You manage his time right and you can get 30 games out of him all comps and he can be at his peak in those matches

all about other ways of playing and fitness within the squad too. Ancelotti failed on the first. I’ll give him slack on the second as he had no full pre-season last year

This is bang on

but unlike Rooney, James is still world class. Not just ‘on his day’. He’s world class, ‘period’, as the yanks would say.

Yep. We would say that, and about Rodriguez.

The issue ultimately is that Benitez can't have another power center at the club, and both he and Rodriguez know that because they've butted heads before.

Circumstances may render them unhappily married for a year before they get a divorce anyway.

I think he'll find gametime hard to come by this season.

Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend have more premier league experience than him...

Status
Not open for further replies.