2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace on the wings, James behind DCL or Richarlison, ahead of Allan and the Duke.
sadly raphatel is building a team with no link behind his striker (if only 1 is used) or with 2 wingers droping services to the 2 attackers , both scenarios leave james in the dust cuz he clearly is not a fast player to cover the sides and form a 4 while defending... both scenarios may grant benitez good results (even while leaving james out) BUT , the quality of those players added + actually losing your third scorer (2nd best if viewed in minutes/goals+ assist) makes me think that everton withouth james and those new wing players is way worse than last season.

tactical discipline and the sooo much called here "pace" can get you so far (benitez way)... but not even close to top six, . (everton first goal) EPL draws a line between teams based on QUALITY not pace (dont kid yourself) benitez signigns stink "lets save ourselves from relegation" rather than "lets get a chance at CL and if we fall short at least get UEL"..

I mean, there's a club option for an extension to his contract, he seems perfectly happy to be here and the actually extremely reliable journos ie Romano have said there's nothing doing with external interest.

Defo leaving though.

Pace on the wings, James behind DCL or Richarlison, ahead of Allan and the Duke.
Things look bright pretty quick when you have this:

DCL
Richarlison James Bailey
Allan Doucoure

The fact that we would have Grey, Townsend, Kean and Gbamin as players that could cycle through as depth, would have us so far ahead of where we were last year.

That's relying on one more quality transfer (Bailey type) on the RW.

Our defence is pretty solid and wasn't the issue last year - throw in Dumfries at RB and it's finally got wide balance.

I just can't understand why people would want James gone when we have a chance to play in a formation that could really suit his style (central, with pace either side).

If he stays and we manage to bring in XI quality RW and RB, and ideally another CM, we will be in a much improved situation.

DCL
Richarlison James Bailey
Allan Doucoure

The fact that we would have Grey, Townsend, Kean and Gbamin as players that could cycle through as depth, would have us so far ahead of where we were last year.

Our defence is pretty solid and wasn't the issue last year - throw in Dumfries at RB and it's finally got wide balance.

I just can't understand why people would want James gone when we have a chance to play in a formation that could really suit his style (central, with pace either side).

If he stays and we manage to bring in XI quality RW and RB, and ideally another CM, we will be in a much improved situation.

Agreed. James staying and quality being brought in for the right-hand side would completely transform my mood on the coming season from concern to excitement.

DCL
Richarlison James Bailey
Allan Doucoure

That excites me. Problem is you would need a like for like replacement for James as he will likely miss 10-15 games.

The comments are so funny in this thread-
‘He looks happy so I’m sure he’s staying’ countered with ‘he looks happy, maybe he knows something we don’t know and a bids come in for him’. Lol
I love him and hope he stays for more than just next season

He looks happy, I'm sure he's staying

r645072_1296x729_16-9.jpg

sadly raphatel is building a team with no link behind his striker (if only 1 is used) or with 2 wingers droping services to the 2 attackers , both scenarios leave james in the dust cuz he clearly is not a fast player to cover the sides and form a 4 while defending... both scenarios may grant benitez good results (even while leaving james out) BUT , the quality of those players added + actually losing your third scorer (2nd best if viewed in minutes/goals+ assist) makes me think that everton withouth james and those new wing players is way worse than last season.

tactical discipline and the sooo much called here "pace" can get you so far (benitez way)... but not even close to top six, . (everton first goal) EPL draws a line between teams based on QUALITY not pace (dont kid yourself) benitez signigns stink "lets save ourselves from relegation" rather than "lets get a chance at CL and if we fall short at least get UEL"..
Whatever else you say about him, he's no Allardyce.
James played in a 10 role under him at Real Madrid albeit for a limited time and I think Benitez likes that formation with a lone striker(won a CL with it, admittedly a while back now)
There is definitely a place for James in his team. If he's fit, he's the first name on the team sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.