2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me feels like he's being sold this summer. Why would Ancelloti tell the public that he basically couldn't be annoyed staying for the last game of season.

Part of me feels like he's being sold this summer. Why would Ancelloti tell the public that he basically couldn't be annoyed staying for the last game of season.
I reckon he's gone.

Was a good experiment that didn't quite work, I can see him playing in Miami with Beckham's team, his body isn't cut out for the rigours of top end European football.

If he's here next season it's because he wants to be because if he wanted out it wouldn't be difficult for him to find a way. If he chooses to stay then good. If he chooses to leave then good. I really am past caring so much about a part time player. He's not world class if he can only manage half a season when he's one of the slowest & least mobile.
I do think we should bring in competition for his place especially considering we need to cover 50% of next season with him probably missing. Hopefully that will give him a kick up the ass but if it doesn't then we are better placed than having to rely on the gash that we currently have. Would rather base my team around someone who can rather than someone who can't.

I know this sounds kind of random as they're completely different players, but remember how Lukaku behaved when he was an Everton player?

He clearly saw us as a stepping stone, but he gave his all each time and basically carried us by himself is some games and stayed here until there was a legit move to a more successful club.

James kind of treats us as aging players usually treat places like MLS or China.

Having him for 28 games meant it was 28 games when 1 of Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard or Gomes didn't play.

Unfortunately, missing Allan and Doucoure for large chunks meant that most of the time it was James and at least 1 of them, sometimes 2 or 3. Even when they were all fit, we still had Gomes in there.

The problem is not James, its who we have to play alongside him. I'm sure he was made up being told to just get stuck in and cover right back as we conceded poseession for 70 minutes per game and when we had it, no one around him or in front of him moved.

What a snake, getting let down and frustrated with his team mates inability to do basic things. And then having the audacity to be injured with a problem he's had for best part of a decade.

James, you are so ungrateful at the opportunity (sic) we gave you and it's all your fault we didn't get into Europe.

I reckon he's gone.

Was a good experiment that didn't quite work, I can see him playing in Miami with Beckham's team, his body isn't cut out for the rigours of top end European football.
Was just all abit odd. There was absolutely no need to mention it publicly and even if you're not fit you stay with your team til the season is over. Definitely think there's a possibility he's off based on that. No regrets if so, we'll maybe get a small fee and when he did play he played well.

His calf was already giving him discomfort and you guys wanted to further his torment by having him watch Everton play? You guys are sadists
....but seriously it would of been the professional thing to do bad form on his part.

Pound to a penny if the SA internationals go ahead, he will play for his country from start to finish.
People keep saying this like him missing the World Cup knockout game against England didn’t happen!
And of course, he missed it with the same calf problems he’s missed half our season with because wherever he is playing he has crap calf muscles!

Was just all abit odd. There was absolutely no need to mention it publicly and even if you're not fit you stay with your team til the season is over. Definitely think there's a possibility he's off based on that. No regrets if so, we'll maybe get a small fee and when he did play he played well.
Surely, given the fact he wasn't playing and that he hadn't seen his young daughter in a year due to Covid kind of negates the fact he didn't stay. Watch the video where they greet each other and tell me then that he should've been at the Etihad watching Everton collapse instead of making a little girl happy sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.