2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's either that or retire.

Can't express how disappointed I am by him. I can understand injuries, but I honestly doubt he's had a single actual injury during his time here and instead he's just cherry picked his games. For him to cry off the only home game fans could have seen him play in person due to "fatigue" is inexcusable. Very hard to come back from that.

Yep, only chance we had to be infuriated by him in the flesh last night.

seen him play for us less than I have sandro Ramirez, lacina traore, gbamin & even kenny sansom

Yeah I get all that.
But because people are annoyed he pulls out because he’s “fatigued”, they deserve Delphs and Iwobi’s is what you said.

I know some things are said tongue in cheek, but that’s quite a generalisation lol
It’s ok to be annoyed or frustrated but the way some have gone ott about it, we knew he had a dodgy calf and he’d play half the games, we hoped for the best but really we knew he’d have to pick and chose when he could play.

It’s ok to be annoyed or frustrated but the way some have gone ott about it, we knew he had a dodgy calf and he’d play half the games, we hoped for the best but really we knew he’d have to pick and chose when he could play.
He has been missing for the majority of the vital part of the season though, so that just adds to the frustration.
I know he’s good, but if it’s the same outcome next year I’m seriously not arsed if he sticks around.
I don’t want Delph or Iwobi as his replacement though may I add :)

People on line seem to be having a right go at him.
Does anyone know if he asked to sit the game out or was told to?
Seems pretty obvious that, unless he's fully fit, he's a defensive liability.
There's a reason he cost nothing.
We should be grateful for the few games we have him rather than frustrated at those we don't.

I hope he stays because he has delivered when fit.

We very obviously need a competent back up though
We just need an alternative way of playing - and new players to help that. It's hard to have a back up for a player of his quality because not many players are as good as he is at what he's good at.

People on line seem to be having a right go at him.
Does anyone know if he asked to sit the game out or was told to?
Seems pretty obvious that, unless he's fully fit, he's a defensive liability.
There's a reason he cost nothing.
We should be grateful for the few games we have him rather than frustrated at those we don't.

All Carlo said was he was "fatigued".

If he genuinely couldn't play because of an injury, we can understand it, but it's frustrating. But if he was just not feeling up to even being on the bench, then it's pretty pathetic.

I still think it's poor management. We have nine subs. He could have easily sat on the bench and even if there was no intention of bringing him on, it avoids all of this.

It's either that or retire.

Can't express how disappointed I am by him. I can understand injuries, but I honestly doubt he's had a single actual injury during his time here and instead he's just cherry picked his games. For him to cry off the only home game fans could have seen him play in person due to "fatigue" is inexcusable. Very hard to come back from that.

Let's see what Carlo says on Friday.

Think it's poor on both of their parts tbh.

He has been missing for the majority of the vital part of the season though, so that just adds to the frustration.
I know he’s good, but if it’s the same outcome next year I’m seriously not arsed if he sticks around.
I don’t want Delph or Iwobi as his replacement though may I add :)
If we had a semi competent squad and not a bunch of lads from the deaf and blind school it wouldn’t be so much an issue

If he, as you say, 'is crocked and can't play week in or week out', then I don't want him here. If he's our best and most central player, and he's out half of every season, where does that leave us for the other half of a season? with a MASSIVE hole in our team and style of play! That is not a sensible way to approach a season, or a good way to build a team.

So who do you want?

Sigurdsson and Gomes have made the team the majority of games this season.

To be successful, you need to have creativity and talent, which is what James has. When you get a player of his calibre, you do everything within your powers to put talent around him. Make him have to work less, so he makes magic.

Build your team, and have him as an asset. Or have a team of Gylfi and Sigurdsson, Delph etc because that's apparently "sensible", and hasn't gotten us very far, has it?

All Carlo said was he was "fatigued".

If he genuinely couldn't play because of an injury, we can understand it, but it's frustrating. But if he was just not feeling up to even being on the bench, then it's pretty pathetic.

I still think it's poor management. We have nine subs. He could have easily sat on the bench and even if there was no intention of bringing him on, it avoids all of this.
It was a weird statement to make, blaming fatigue. Could have quite easily have said something along the lines of 'deep tissue injury' and no one would have batted an eyelid.
Fatigue just seems a little, provocative, especially with our fanbase.

It was a weird statement to make, blaming fatigue. Could have quite easily have said something along the lines of 'deep tissue injury' and no one would have batted an eyelid.
Fatigue just seems a little, provocative, especially with our fanbase.

He could've said anything, people still would've gone mental. If he said he had a fracture in his foot, some people still would've been saying "Yeah right, convenient that", or, "He should make the effort and play anyway, such and such player from 90s (who had to retire at 26) would have just took a couple co-codamol and played."

The fact Carlo didn't make something up is now a weird coded message that he's not happy.

And if he had have played, he would've been taken off after 60 mins and people would've fumed at his work rate. Literally can't win with some people.

Lovely footballer but not much of an athlete to be honest. Physicality of the league does not suit him And he is a marked man (See Virgil Van Dyke). A smattering of quality moments like the subtle pass for Richarlison’s goal at Anfield and some well finished goals out of nothing. Not sure how I feel. Will a top of the ground merchant like James ever toughen up in this fast and furious league?

Status
Not open for further replies.