2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, James leads the way for us this season with 28 chances created in the league (20 of them from open play). From those 28 chances, five of them are assists. He was third in the league up until his injury lay off, behind KDB and Fernandes. Now it's Grealish (75!) who is top of the charts.

We don't create enough, is what that shows, though our top creators have all being out at times this season (Digne is only 22 chances created, for example).
What’s that got to do with this pre assist / idea ball nonsense ?

The technique for the touch and finish was superb, Doucoure really punched it at him and it wasn’t flat across the ground.
If you watch it again I think it's clear that Doucoure was powering that pass to Gomes. The technique from James was all the more impressive in that he wasn't accepting a pass, he was actually intercepting one.

A pre-assist is a thing. The actual stat will go down as 'chance created', as it's a 'key pass' - a key pass is the ball which leads to the chance.

For example, that opener we score against Crystal Palace doesn't happen without James playing that superb reverse pass into Coleman. It's basically a way of quantifying that.
The. Ball he played for Richarlison to square to Calvert lewin, west brom, Lucas Diane to cross to Calvert Lewin Derby, 1st goal against wolves we could go on and on. He has been our most creative player by a country mile. How people are calling him is beyond me.

One aspect that I like better about watching football in Spanish than in English is the passion shown by the commentators when calling a goal. Here is the lastest one by Bambino Pons, from Argentina, he is known to narrate goals for the Premier League. He changes 'Hungry like the wolf', a song by Duran Duran to James lyrics lol @maccavennie you have competition, better step it up with your songs ;)

Made his name in the world Cup playing against mediocre countries. Big time Charlie who will not win us silverware unless the players around him offer him massive protection.
There is no disputing, James is an amazing footballer and I have raved about his ability on this forum. But all I'm saying is when you have luxury players in your team you have to offer them massive amounts of protection so they can create time for themselves. Chelsea did it with Lampard. First with Makelele, then with Essian. We had Sheeds in the 80,s, although to be fair to Sheedy he did have bit of snide in him. Other great teams have had their luxury players too. I hope James goes on to become one of our all time greats, cause that means we'll have won stuff. Just saying.

One aspect that I like better about watching football in Spanish than in English is the passion shown by the commentators when calling a goal. Here is the lastest one by Bambino Pons, from Argentina, he is known to narrate goals for the Premier League. He changes 'Hungry like the wolf', a song by Duran Duran to James lyrics lol @maccavennie you have competition, better step it up with your songs ;)

I'd LOVE to hear Gary Neville or Alan Smith trying to do that lol

....I know its a passionate game but it was such a shame a few posters were close to scathing about Rodriguez in the first half last night. He’s never been the type who’ll influence games through toil and he will at times be off his best but he’s the one that can produce that bit of magic to impact a game.

I don’t expect him to play every game and I accept he’ll have off days, but I love watching him play footy.

....I know its a passionate game but it was such a shame a few posters were close to scathing about Rodriguez in the first half last night. He’s never been the type who’ll influence games through toil and he will at times be off his best but he’s the one that can produce that bit of magic to impact a game.

I don’t expect him to play every game and I accept he’ll have off days, but I love watching him play footy.
He's one of two players in our team I'd trust to play the incisive goal making ball in a tight game. The other being Digne.

That is boss Sassy lol

What's he singing there???

lol superb

Status
Not open for further replies.