2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously if Siggurdson had hit that goal some would be going on about it for years. James is class even when he’s not playing that well he occupies the majority of the opposition’s tactical thinking on how to shut him down. If any of other attackers or midfielders had anything about them whatsoever they could make hay when most teams spend all their time trying to cover James.
Goals like that separate the boss from the rest.

Hope that calf problem doesn't keep him out of the Spurs game. Slightly concerned this might either force him out of the squad for it or mean we limit him to a sub appearance.

Didn't have his best night tonight, but the goal is that top quality you often need to get a point out of a game like that.

As others have said, we need him closer to the opposition box than he's been of late. If we do I think we'll see the goals start to flow again. Hopefully Allan's return helps us get hold of the ball a bit better in future and allows us to leave James further up.

Have to rest (bench) him against Spurs / Fulham i think and save him for City and the RS.

He just needs better players around him to get the most from him, he needs movement , angles clever runs so he can find people but we go backwards so often he starts coming right back and he's not as effective.

We need to start utilising him properly. More intelligent players, he is used to playing with top level players who do these things. He's probably wondering what he's doing here lol.

Screenshot_20210207-085012__01.jpg

He just needs better players around him to get the most from him, he needs movement , angles clever runs so he can find people but we go backwards so often he starts coming right back and he's not as effective.

We need to start utilising him properly. More intelligent players, he is used to playing with top level players who do these things. He's probably wondering what he's doing here lol.
Think he knows what’s going on. The team has improved with the players who came in during the summer but we are not going to be title contenders overnight. Evolution not revolution I think Carlo said and that’s what we are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.