2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He speaks Portuguese too. So no issues communicating with the Brazilians and Gomes.

Interestingly, Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese are almost impossible to understand for both speakers, if that makes sense.

Portuguese managers in Brazil have subtitles on their televised interviews for example.

I think this will be the club of his life. The one he identifies with and remembers fondly

It happened to Landon Donovan too.. and he was with us so short.. this love he felt and got for the club in such a short time... for ages after he left he kept calling out the blues and how we continued to follow us..
Once James has the fans back he will understand too

It happened to Landon Donovan too.. and he was with us so short.. this love he felt and got for the club in such a short time... for ages after he left he kept calling out the blues and how we continued to follow us..
Once James has the fans back he will understand too
Denis Stracqualursi too. Limited player with the heart of a steam locomotive. He was loved.

Interestingly, Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese are almost impossible to understand for both speakers, if that makes sense.

Portuguese managers in Brazil have subtitles on their televised interviews for example.
This is probably fairly accurate but I've also heard that Portuguese people have more ease understanding Brazilian Portuguese, but the Brazilians just get totally lost the other way around.

This is probably fairly accurate but I've also heard that Portuguese people have more ease understanding Brazilian Portuguese, but the Brazilians just get totally lost the other way around.

The portuguese accent of Portugal is very closed, which at times seems like a diction problem. And another is that they use some words that for us Brazilians have another meaning, for example the word "bicha", for us it is effeminate(slang for gay) and for the Portuguese it is queue, but it has many others with different meanings. I sometimes saw subtitles in interviews with some portugueses, but it is an exaggeration, because you can understand perfectly. And in relation to James Rodrigues, I don't know if he speaks Portuguese but Spanish and Portuguese are almost similar languages and we can understand each other.

The portuguese accent of Portugal is very closed, which at times seems like a diction problem. And another is that they use some words that for us Brazilians have another meaning, for example the word "bicha", for us it is effeminate(slang for gay) and for the Portuguese it is queue, but it has many others with different meanings. I sometimes saw subtitles in interviews with some portugueses, but it is an exaggeration, because you can understand perfectly. And in relation to James Rodrigues, I don't know if he speaks Portuguese but Spanish and Portuguese are almost similar languages and we can understand each other.
So it is like UK English and American English then .

Status
Not open for further replies.