2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The portuguese accent of Portugal is very closed, which at times seems like a diction problem. And another is that they use some words that for us Brazilians have another meaning, for example the word "bicha", for us it is effeminate(slang for gay) and for the Portuguese it is queue, but it has many others with different meanings. I sometimes saw subtitles in interviews with some portugueses, but it is an exaggeration, because you can understand perfectly. And in relation to James Rodrigues, I don't know if he speaks Portuguese but Spanish and Portuguese are almost similar languages and we can understand each other.
You should post more often friend. We all like to be educated on here regards other cultures

Do you still live in Brazil? Has the clubs profile improved there with us signing more Brazilian players? What do they think of the Premier League over there?

He's everything I've wanted in a player for Everton to build a side around.

He's genuine world class. As in you can give him the football, any given game, and there's an extreme likelihood that he'll do the right thing with it. That's the very definition of a world class footballer.

It's why I've been critical in the past of the likes of Lukaku, because you can't build a team around a player like that as there's zero consistency. You don't know what player is going to turn up.

The challenge now consists of two things - one, keeping him fit. Two, and probably more importantly, is that when teams wisen up to him and double/triple up on him, we need the ability to exploit the space that creates elsewhere.

So that's why, for me, we now need someone like Zaha. Because he's targeted at Palace, the likelihood is that if James opens up the space for him, he'll be even more effective for us. Before James signed, I wouldn't have advocated Zaha signing - I do now for that reason.

The question in the presser about playing against Chile on 14th October and derby on 17th is a bit worrying.

Don't let him go!

I don't think the club has a say in the matter

Game is on the 13th at 8:30 pm eastern u.s time and Liverpool will be on the 17th at 7:30 am am easter u.s time

That's an 83 hour difference but obviously there is traveling

I think he will be fine

I don't think the club has a say in the matter

Game is on the 13th at 8:30 pm eastern u.s time and Liverpool will be on the 17th at 7:30 am am easter u.s time

That's an 83 hour difference but obviously there is traveling

I think he will be fine

Derby changed now to Saturday early kick off, 12:30.

Really hope he starts the derby, we are looooooooooonnnnnnng overdue a win.

Yeah which is 730 am our time here. So 83 hours in between games

Just hope Colombia plays well enough to get him some rest

He could literally swim back at his own pace, take to the field 5 minutes before kick off and still glide around the pitch bossing it.

Couple of hours sleep on the plane, nice cup of tea with a couple of biscuits and he'll be ready to take on the rs!

we've all sat through so much tat, where footballers panic when they get the ball. And then to go from Koeman//allardyce/martinez football, to this is just barely beyond belief. You watch that West Ham video of James open mouthed. His passing is the finest I have ever seen. And then there is his will to win, have we ever seen anything Like it? I haven't.

we've all sat through so much tat, where footballers panic when they get the ball. And then to go from Koeman//allardyce/martinez football, to this is just barely beyond belief. You watch that West Ham video of James open mouthed. His passing is the finest I have ever seen. And then there is his will to win, have we ever seen anything Like it? I haven't.

He's easily up there with the best ballers in world football, particularly in his position. Really weird how Real let him go for next to nothing.

Astonishingly, with Allan we've somehow managed to get another one whose up there with the best in his own position, too

How is this even possible?

He's easily up there with the best ballers in world football, particularly in his position. Really weird how Real let him go for next to nothing.

Astonishingly, with Allan we've somehow managed to get another one whose up there with the best in his own position, too

How is this even possible?
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.