2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they can - where have I said he or the manager is wrong and I am right?

Ive just simply given my opinion on where I think his ability on the ball would benefit us most - im not arsed if im right or wrong.

I said myself he's better central, but if you look closer Carlo has played him wide right more than he has central in the past.

I think he enjoys the space out wide and would rather have a nippy fullback than some big monster CM or DM, plus he LOVES to drift inside.

Going to have to agree here. This is a ''take your shoes off before entering'' type of thread lads keep it clean and fresh. Don't want to be seeing @ForeverBlue92 finger banging filth in the bogs.

He is desecrating our place of worship. He needs to go back to the DCL thread and start talking about "upgrades" and "purple patches" imo

Most players brought in from foreign leagues naturally take some time to adapt to the pace and physicality of the Prem. This guy may not even be up to speed with it yet! Frightening. He looks totally at ease with it all, and looks like he's enjoying playing - great thing to see. Has to be said that Allan is getting up to speed with it ridiculously quickly too. Normally you'd say we'll judge signings after a few months when they've had time to settle. No need with these two - I'll say it right now - they're absolutely brilliant!

I felt like he didn’t even see much of the ball that much today watching the game. He was definitely limited to how much time and space he was given by Palace closing him down. However, literally he’s shown that all it takes is a couple of seconds and a bit of space on the ball and he can cause all sorts of trouble with his vision and ability to make a pass. That’s what we have lacked for so long, he just has that key to unlock defences.

That bit of play when we'd been under the cosh and he was on the touchline surrounded. He just refused to panic, waited, held off, waited, held off, then just played a delightful chip into Allan and got us on our way. It almost deflated Palace that as we seemed to have then come through the most important stage of the game still intact.

Only the very best do that type of thing. That won't always work btw but it's an incredible mindset to have and a huge belief in his own ability.

Absolute grade A quality.

I felt like he didn’t even see much of the ball that much today watching the game. He was definitely limited to how much time and space he was given by Palace closing him down. However, literally he’s shown that all it takes is a couple of seconds and a bit of space on the ball and he can cause all sorts of trouble with his vision and ability to make a pass. That’s what we have lacked for so long, he just has that key to unlock defences.
Agree, particularly in the second half but still Digne (101!) and Keane (76) were the only two players with more than his 76 touches .

Status
Not open for further replies.