2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
All pundits- “Oi James ya sh*t lad, your too slow For the PL and you done nothing for 6 years“

James- “Hold my Echo Falls”

you’ve got to hand it to the pundits. If you’re going to go out on a limb in making bold predictions you might have steered clear from trashing Carlo Ancelotti and James Rodriguez. Even a few brain cells would have been enough to warn against a high probability that these two have been so good in the past that they could easily prove you wrong. It’s one thing questioning a lad from Watford like Merson did with Richarlison, but seriously why make statements like ‘he’s washed up’ about one of the greatest managers of all time, and one of the best players in the world?

I remember getting grief for this post... that prediction too :cool::cool:

Mate he really is a fantastic player, he really came to prominence during his time at Porto as a real stand out and then his Columbia performances solidified his move...

He his high energy, never stops moving and never stops fixing his positioning ensuring that he is in space off the ball to receive, his awareness of space and positioning is through the charts... watch ‘that goal’ vs Uruguay again, he changes position maybe 6 or 7 times, then pre empts when the ball is finally coming towards him, looks over his shoulder picks his spot then absolutely nails the technique

He has great ball control, but his biggest skill is his passing, both accuracy and range... i would be willing to bet he will get double figures in assists purely off picking the ball up on the edge of the box on the right hand side and lobbing the defence to the far post and oncoming Richarlison.... it is his trademark and he is easily top 5 in the world at it....

He also pops up with Blammos when needed and the only reason for his lack of appearances last season (mainly copa del ray) is due to his relationship with Zidane.... he is honestly on par with De Bruyne, he has slightly better ability, slightly worse consistency but a comparison i am happy making

The problem is people lack the ability to be objective in their judgement of him, because he didn't light the world up and become Ronaldo mach 2 at Madrid as was expected then he must be trash, fact is he is an amazing footballer and i still cannot believe him coming here is a possibility

Side note: i’m not sure how many will remember, however, strong rumours came out of talks between Moyes and Porto in the weeks prior to the world cup for the signing of James Rodriguez... his subsequent performance deaded that in the water, i have been a fan ever since

Hi Blues
Hi Hamez
Wanna go for a ride?
Sure Hamez
Jump in...

Hamez Rodriguez, plays for Everton
It's fantastic, we're ecstatic
Won't mess up his hair, won't sprint anywhere

Imagination, Master of creation

Come on Hamez, let's go party

Such an eye, for a goal,
Passes wonderful balls
Takes one touch, takes a look, pings a blinder
He's so strong, full of snide, and he plays for our side
Blammos here, worldies there
Hanky panky

What a touch, he can play
Hope he says I'm always yours

Come on Hamez let's go party....

This is far far better than it should be

Unless we're playing the top sides I think we need to get him central. When he came inside yesterday he was much more difficult to pick up and really started doing damage.

Gives us a bit of a predicament with the right side. Our attacking shape seems a lot more fluid with this midfield, so the right side isn't a traditional role. Seems like whoever is playing there is expected to roam in to the midfield. Can Gomes or Iwobi do that job?

Still though. James Rodriguez!!

Hi Blues
Hi Hamez
Wanna go for a ride?
Sure Hamez
Jump in...

Come on Hamez, let's go party

Such an eye, for a goal,
Passes wonderful balls
Takes one touch, takes a look, pings a blinder
He's so strong, full of snide, and he plays for our side
Blammos here, worldies there
Hanky panky

What a touch, he can play
Hope he says I'm always yours

Come on Hamez let's go party....

People have been summoned to Geneva to answer for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.