2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people genuinely want rid of a footballer of this calibre, absolutely nuts. He produces more excitement in the games he does play than the rest of the squad combined.

So yes I will be gutted if he goes.
We are ridiculous sometimes. We take ages to support someone, very grudgingly, or we love them unconditionally...then in either case, they are quickly hated overnight and become the biggest 'snakes'.... its tiring supporting us sometimes, not just cos we are not successful on the pitch, because sometimes it feels like we are just too...

oh wait, if i write it, it'll only prove my point.
Let's be positive eh? James is amazing, even with injuries. If he stays it'll be brilliant. Totally different calibre and situation to the Gazza, Ginola, Eto'o typetransfers. this could work if we get the right manager!

The teammates on the national team give the following indirect message to JR:

“Unity is strength. All we do is train and make ourselves available. No one here is more than anyone else, and that is the important thing. The team has to stay that way. You have to have humility for all games, regardless of where we are. Here we all win, no matter who the manager puts or who scores the goal,” Cardona said.

“Nobody is more important than the group. With unity, we are always stronger. If someone gets out of that idea, everything begins to weaken. Rueda’s indications are important,” Cuadrado said.

The teammates on the national team give the following indirect message to JR:

“Unity is strength. All we do is train and make ourselves available. No one here is more than anyone else, and that is the important thing. The team has to stay that way. You have to have humility for all games, regardless of where we are. Here we all win, no matter who the manager puts or who scores the goal,” Cardona said.

“Nobody is more important than the group. With unity, we are always stronger. If someone gets out of that idea, everything begins to weaken. Rueda’s indications are important,” Cuadrado said.
They sure made those statements but Cuadrado also came out yesterday asking the press not to distort his words. He also said this on an Instagram live yesterday “We have always said that no one is more than the whole team, when we are united we are stronger," he said. The Juve player pointed out that his comments were not addressed to James Rodríguez and that he perfectly understands James’ pain for not being called to the Colombian National Team. “There were players we’ve never played with and I see the press using this in a way it’s not, maybe saying things about James. We know how important he is for the National Team. All of us who know him, know what great a person he is and the great reference he is for our National Team. It's difficult when you're not called to something you're passionate about and we know how he feels. Cuadrado asked the press not to increase the controversy, although he knows that the '10' of the National Team understood his statements. "Do not distort things because they are not like that. James is more than a teammate, he is a friend and he knows it. If he saw the interview, I know the way he could contextualize everything, because he has been here. But I wanted to tell you all that it really had nothing to do with James and we hope he can be in this great family again”

Last edited:

Please be fussed; we must all be fussed.
How can you be fussed about a player who doesn’t seem fussed about playing for Everton, now if it was Colombia there is no doubt he is more than fussed about playing for them, which I understand, except Everton are the ones who pay his wages, which are a lot more than any other club would pay at the moment, that’s the only reason I can see him coming back next season, the wage he is on.

They sure made those statements but Cuadrado also came out yesterday asking the press not to distort his words. He also said this on an Instagram live yesterday “We have always said that no one is more than the whole team, when we are united we are stronger," he said. The Juve player pointed out that his comments were not addressed to James Rodríguez and that he perfectly understands James’ pain for not being called to the Colombian National Team. “There were players we’ve never played with and I see the press using this in a way it’s not, maybe saying things about James. We know how important he is for the National Team. All of us who know him, know what great a person he is and the great reference he is for our National Team. It's difficult when you're not called to something you're passionate about and we know how he feels. Cuadrado asked the press not to increase the controversy, although he knows that the '10' of the National Team understood his statements. "Do not distort things because they are not like that. James is more than a teammate, he is a friend and he knows it. If he saw the interview, I know the way he could contextualize everything, because he has been here. But I wanted to tell you all that it really had nothing to do with James and we hope he can be in this great family again”
Thank you for elaborating more on this. But as I understand it, there are rumors of conflict between JR and several other players on the national team. Once again, it's about attitudes and professionalism. Something that has been quite recurring in JR's career, and which I have mentioned before. You could say that these are just rumors, but as mentioned, this is a recurring theme in all the clubs JR has been in. The quotes are otherwise very descriptive of how the mechanisms internally work in a well-functioning team. Hopefully JR takes the point.

How can you be fussed about a player who doesn’t seem fussed about playing for Everton, now if it was Colombia there is no doubt he is more than fussed about playing for them, which I understand, except Everton are the ones who pay his wages, which are a lot more than any other club would pay at the moment, that’s the only reason I can see him coming back next season, the wage he is on.
I’m just puzzled about what he has done that some of you here keep saying he is not fussed about playing for Everton? He helped us during the season when he could play. He left early and didn’t play the final game, I was one of those that criticized his early departure and thought he should have stayed until the end but the guy was injured and was given permission to leave early by now our former manager and the team. He has said that he will be okay with returning back to Everton next season and finish his contract. James has never been the type to express lots of passion towards any of his teams in social media so that’s just James being him. So please clarify what he is doing that he not fussing about Everton?

How can you be fussed about a player who doesn’t seem fussed about playing for Everton
Based on what? He played when his calf allowed him to, same reason he’s no able to play for his beloved Colombia.
James did whatever he could but unfortunately was injured a lot as he always has been, where have you seen him not fussed? He even did all the daft promo stuff asked of him too, giving out a big cheesy grin and pointing at the badge whenever asked for a photo or video so I don’t get what more you wanted from him?

I’m just puzzled about what he has done that some of you here keep saying he is not fussed about playing for Everton? He helped us during the season when he could play. He left early and didn’t play the final game, I was one of those that criticized his early departure and thought he should have stayed until the end but the guy was injured and was given permission to leave early by now our former manager and the team. He has said that he will be okay with returning back to Everton next season and finish his contract. James has never been the type to express lots of passion towards any of his teams in social media so that’s just James being him. So please clarify what he is doing that he not fussing about Everton?
Lol you already said what I just wrote! Too slow!

He's great, we just want to see more of him doing great things for Everton.

It is more a question of attitudes and professionalism. There have been several rumors, in several clubs, that JR does not train hard enough, and that he does not take care of his body as a top athlete should do. This also contributes to being injured far more frequently. However, if the problem is as big as some say, then it is a scandal of Everton's medical staff to approve the transfer.

I do not demand that JR run around telling how much he loves Everton, etc., but I expect him to behave like a professional footballer. That was what the Colombian manager expected, and at this level you can not plan and set up your game for players who are not 100 percent. Although they can hit a magic pass or two.

Well he played for about sixty minutes out of the last six games, his injury started off as a ‘twinge’ when he pulled out of a game duringbthe kick in, missed the next game and the one after that with the same twinge, then he played then he was ‘tired‘ for the next game and finally suffering from ‘fatigue’ and flew home to profess himself fit for Colombia, well that might be not fussed about playing for Everton, maybe not to some but it is definitely taking the pxss as far as I’m concerned. Sassy I think you are close to being in love with James, so you might be a tiny bit biased towards him, don’t you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.