2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 'On the ball' just confirms how long we have needed a player on the pitch who can dictate the play.

At times, Gomes has done this but more often than not he had to act as a CDM because of how inadequate our midfield was.

James' first touch, awareness, work rate and intelligence will elevate everyone and I cannot wait to see how much better he becomes.

Madness seeing him in blue and play the way he did after a week of training.

All players should be able to use both feet - George Best for instance only practised with his weaker foot.

I make my comment because I noticed a couple of times (from memory both in second half) where he could have slotted the ball down the right channel between defenders for the runner to run onto. On both occasions, it appeared as though he had to wait for the ball to drift onto his favourite left before he could pass it, splaying the ball out and across to his favoured left, the door having closed on his right hand opportunity.

Minor observation, rather than criticism, but I’m sure he’s only too aware that he will have to vary his game before opponents get the edge on him.

As I say, overall, not bad.

He can use both feet.

Of 109 goals, 10 right foot, 11 headers.

His left foot is a wand.

If this was any one of our other midfielders, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies, they'd have passed it straight back to Mina or Pickford in this situation.

Oh definitely about 5 or 6 easier passes he could have made but instead gets us going towards their goal instantly.

If this was any one of our other midfielders, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies, they'd have passed it straight back to Mina or Pickford in this situation.

He's everything we wanted Barkley to be, skills AND ability to read the game so fluently almost to the point he's reading everyones minds, I also like he doesn't go down easily and when he does, he's straight back up fighting for the ball, can see him along with Allan becoming legends here. I know it's only 1 game in blue for him but that 1 game showed what he's capable of and potentially he can be much better as this is just the start, once he gets playing more with the rest of the squad, beautiful things are going to happen!

I was thinking that was just an Everton thing because Digne, Baines, Sheedy, Hinchcliffe etc. have been our best set piece takers over the years but it doesn’t really sound right saying David Beckham has a wand of a right foot so I guess it’s one of those weird things!
Wow you're so right .That is weird .

Status
Not open for further replies.