2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is absolutely class but if I was to pick holes defensively he could be better and I really didn’t like the fact he was waving imaginary cards around trying to get other players booked. Carlo will get the latter out of him and a good defence will mean he won’t need to defend!
What is it with our supporters and the defensive side of a winger's game

What is it with our supporters and the defensive side of a winger's game
A talent of the order of James must be "indulged". This guy is magic. You're wasting him if you expect him to "track back" in the way you'd expect water carriers like Tom Davies to track back. It's like asking a Michelin-starred chef to wash the dishes.

It's not as if he does nothing defensively, anyway.

Even when he is not involved he will always produce two or three moments of pure genius that can turn a game, if Keane and Mina cannot notch between 5 or 10 goals this season the pair of them then something is wrong, his delivery is superb.

Ive mentioned a couple of times Dario this season, Keane when he goes forward for a corner looks like a player who KNOWS he's gonna score.

I hate centre halves going up as token gesture that they might get on the end of a cross. Keane is looking like he has a goal in him because he believes that he's going to get chances and he's starting to sniff them out.

If they both stay fit I'd be really disappointed if Keane doesn't get close to 8/9 and Mina 5/6. We look bloody potent from set pieces!!!

A talent of the order of James must be "indulged". This guy is magic. You're wasting him if you expect him to "track back" in the way you'd expect water carriers like Tom Davies to track back. It's like asking a Michelin-starred chef to wash the dishes.

It's not as if he does nothing defensively, anyway.
Got us out of jail big time first half tracking back.

The boy is exceptional. He will be the most gifted player on the pitch in pretty much every game he plays in this league. He certainly was today. He is the key to 90% of what we do well.

If he plays a lot of games this season, we will challenge for the top 4. He's just too good for most of his opponents, even when he's not on top form, like today. If he gets a long-term injury, I'm afraid it's mid-table.

Status
Not open for further replies.