2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I've worked out why I swoon over James Rodriguez in an Everton shirt. No, it's not the winning smile and the boyish good looks (though one can be utterly forgiven for diving into those dreamy eyes and losing oneself in a moment of homoerotic abandon, but I digress...). Ahem.

It's because in the minds of plenty, a proper Everton is managed by Sam Allardyce, trained by Archie Knox, spearheaded in attack by Troy Deeney, chaired by Bill Kenwright, and reported on by Mark Ogden.

The very sight of the Colombian vision, salsa dancing through Premier League defences in the blazing azure of the Moonlight Dribblers has upended all that they knew about our once-great club. People say, rightly, that Everton don't get the credit they deserve for these signings. But we'll get the credit when we win matches, regularly, at places like Spurs. Then the narrative changes. I'm terrified our Latin prince is going to be kicked out of action before we can really bed him in (note the key inclusion of the word "in"), but that's the Evertonian in me, conditioned to 33 years of abject disappointment.

Up the Toffees!

The blatant levels his guy has over everybody else playing is frightening...

What makes it worse is remembering we spent £45mill on Siggurdson and people defending him. So when you see an actual quality player worth that figure and more, you can see what's been missing and what level they have to be at.

Seemed to me like there was a point in the game after 10-20 mins of feeling his way into things that he seemed to realise "Yep, I can definitely take the piss out of these" and he proceeded to start flicking the ball over people's heads and spraying worldies about for 70 minutes.

I am so excited to see what he does against a far weaker West Brom side at Goodison. (Please do not let Salford's cloggers anywhere near our golden boy).

I'm actually excited to watch us. It's been too long.

Seemed to me like there was a point in the game after 10-20 mins of feeling his way into things that he seemed to realise "Yep, I can definitely take the piss out of these" and he proceeded to start flicking the ball over people's heads and spraying worldies about for 70 minutes.

I am so excited to see what he does against a far weaker West Brom side at Goodison. (Please do not let Salford's cloggers anywhere near our golden boy).

I'm actually excited to watch us. It's been too long.

Would hope we make large scale changes against Salford pointless risking injuries to our key lads.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Braithwaite Nkounkou

Delph Davies
Iwobi/Gylfi

Walcott Kean Bernard

Good enough to win

Status
Not open for further replies.