Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would come to us mainly because if Ancelotti, so if he finds real form again and is injury free, why would he want to go elsewhere if we are making good progress as a team, which we will be if he is playing well enough to have ‘big’ teams chasing his signature? Also a loan makes complete sense re FFP, deferring costs etc.

So thats about 8mE a season or about £145k p/w. I mean I don't know what you'd discount from the signing on fee from that. I suspect his wages will be a bit lower than that, but we will see.
I think the deal that is being done and quoted is vert good, a £5M loan fee for the season plus just over £4M wages for the season, still a risk of injury but the money is not massive, if he does well we’ll have first bite at signing him permentely plus Carlo’s influence which is the main reason he is coming now.

There are pros and cons with both a loan and a 3 year deal.

Loan

Pro - We get to test it out, have his quality and if his injuries are a big enough issue there is no long commitment.
Con - In a years time if things go well we are leaving ourselves open in the sharkpool for a CL club to come in.

3 year deal

Pro - He's tied up for 3 years and can use his quality
Con - How bad will his injuries be?

There are FAIR arguments for and against both. Either will be good in my eyes, a loan with a contract in place if he plays x amount of games would be ideal but doubt that's even legal.

Yeah can't go for the loan.

Think it'd be easy for a player of his quality to become disinterested if he's only here on loan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.