Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern had the option to buy him and they wanted to take that up.

James asked them not to buy him.

He was also brilliant before Zidane tinkered around (player of the year for Real i think).

The only real risk with James is whether he adapts to the league (he did well in Germany) and also managing his potential injuries.
Bundasliga team of the year too.

There's merits and risks to both a loan and permanent move. I just want him here next season minimum and I'm tempering my excitement untill I see him in blue.

Signing him on loan would guarantee he’s amazing this season then leaves and we go back to where we are now after a promising season. Signing him now permanently guarantees he’s going to get injured and be gash and drain us for 200k for the next 4 years ... this is Everton

We'd pay a loan fee and then a signing on fee, if he plays well which I think he would someone would come in and take him.

Just sign him.

Generally if it's in the contract of the loan with the option to buy, that club gets first dibs on it.

If a rival comes in, it's down to the player.

Generally if it's in the contract of the loan with the option to buy, that club gets first dibs on it.

If a rival comes in, it's down to the player.

He's out of contract though isn't he? Not sure we could do option to buy, he'll be free to speak to other clubs come January

We'd pay a loan fee and then a signing on fee, if he plays well which I think he would someone would come in and take him.

Just sign him.

If real want €25mio for him, then I can’t see them letting him leave in a loan where they may still have to cover 25% of his wages (200k p/w) and not get anywhere near the €25mio in loan fee.

He's out of contract though isn't he? Not sure we could do option to buy, he'll be free to speak to other clubs come January
If there’s an option to buy clause it maybe has to be activated before his contract expires? I’m sure we’ll find out the actual terms of the deal soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.