2017/18 James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unusual that Jimmy Macs allegiance to ROI is always brought up...

I was born in Liverpool to scouse parents with my paternal Grandparents coming from the Ulster border following the troubles...my maternal great granddad came from Cork. Had I been a footballer, i would have wanted to play for ROI.

I wonder if this would be an issue if a player raised in USA to English parents etc wanted to play for England...

Crikey! Yhis isn't what James wouldnt have wanted this guyzzz! I hope he feels better soon, I suspect he has the full sky package AND Netflix so he won't get bored

It is unusual that Jimmy Macs allegiance to ROI is always brought up...

I was born in Liverpool to scouse parents with my paternal Grandparents coming from the Ulster border following the troubles...my maternal great granddad came from Cork. Had I been a footballer, i would have wanted to play for ROI.

I wonder if this would be an issue if a player raised in USA to English parents etc wanted to play for England...
this just happened with a strong prospect who chose to play for Mexico. It's a problem for racist idiots, but decent people respect the individuals choice.

Also I can't blame him, Mexico's team has been on the up and up and ours is going through a fallow period. Also our entire system is a mess rn, and they were reportedly kind of arrogant about landing him.

I honestly don't believe he was. It was just a statement of fact. He wouldn't have the so called luck of the Irish as he isn't.
He plays for Ireland due to his family heritage. Like so many others his family left to find employment and a better life.

He busts a gut to wear the green jersey,and receives dogs abuse on this site for doing so.

Criticise the player all you want but don’t question his pride in representing Ireland.

Pathetic to bring his nationality into question whenever he broke his leg representing Everton.

Criticise the player all you want but don’t question his pride in representing Ireland.
Nobody was questioning his pride in representing Ireland.

That literally was not brought up in this discussion.

Pathetic to bring his nationality into question whenever he broke his leg representing Everton.
His nationality isn't in question - he's Scottish. That doesn't mean he can't be passionate about representing Ireland but it is still a fact.

All the outrage these past few pages is utterly ridiculous and there are now four posters on bans for questioning it which is just as ridiculous.

McCarthy plays for Everton, he has played well in the past and what happened to him today was tragic and my heart goes out to him. Let's use this thread to support him instead of spouting nonsense about sectarianism and questioning nationalities over what was clearly a joke.

It's a football forum FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.