2017/18 James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody was questioning his pride in representing Ireland.

That literally was not brought up in this discussion.

His nationality isn't in question - he's Scottish. That doesn't mean he can't be passionate about representing Ireland but it is still a fact.

All the outrage these past few pages is utterly ridiculous and there are now four posters on bans for questioning it which is just as ridiculous.

McCarthy plays for Everton, he has played well in the past and what happened to him today was tragic and my heart goes out to him. Let's use this thread to support him instead of spouting nonsense about sectarianism and questioning nationalities over what was clearly a joke.

It's a football forum FFS.
His Nationality is Irish. That is a fact. He plays for Ireland. You aren’t debating with me, you are debating with FIFA.

My only point was that his Nationality is irrelevant. He is one of ours who has suffered an injury and that is the story, nothing else.

His Nationality is Irish. That is a fact. He plays for Ireland. You aren’t debating with me, you are debating with FIFA.
Last I checked, FIFA didn't get to legally decide a persons nationality - it's completely irrelevant and sidetracking the thread.

My only point was that his Nationality is irrelevant. He is one of ours who has suffered an injury and that is the story, nothing else
This I agree with but I still don't understand why so many are bothered about it coming up.

I'm fairly sure that McCarthy couldn't care less what we think, especially as right now he is about to embark on a fight to save his career.

Given his record with injuries, I fear that he may never recover from this.
I’ve had a similar career and life changing injury, he will likely be tanked on morphine or some other sedative and awaiting surgery which will be in the next 24hrs at a guess - it’s mentally destroying. I salute players who come back from injuries like that, Coleman etc.

I’ve had a similar career and life changing injury, he will likely be tanked on morphine or some other sedative and awaiting surgery which will be in the next 24hrs at a guess - it’s mentally destroying. I salute players who come back from injuries like that, Coleman etc.
What's even worse is that he probably thought his career was starting to get back on track.

His head must be all over the place right now.

EC07593C-0B3F-48FF-93AE-D70851DC1FE1.jpeg

Just saying. Not sure what the issue is here debating his background in an obvious frandly way.

Status
Not open for further replies.