James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleverleys side/backwards passing ability is just as good, wouldnt be too worried about this
anigif_enhanced-buzz-20644-1361291777-1.gif

25m would be my price. dont think hes got the potential to be this box to box player than some people do, love his attitude on the pitch but 25m would go a very long way to making us a better team than having mccarthy in it, we've got about 100 defensive midfielders anyway and id rather see ross back there long term, still hope he stays but 25m and i wouldnt be arsed

25m would be my price. dont think hes got the potential to be this box to box player than some people do, love his attitude on the pitch but 25m would go a very long way to making us a better team than having mccarthy in it, we've got about 100 defensive midfielders anyway and id rather see ross back there long term, still hope he stays but 25m and i wouldnt be arsed
25m for a good player that offers little goal threat? Sweet Lord.

I think we need to look at the subtleties of MF in more detail. We have Barry & Besic who can play that pure DM role (eg if we play 1 holding MF). Barkley and Cleverly can play alongside (if we play 2 holding MF) but not the pure DM role (IMO). Is that enough cover? Barry is getting on, as we know, Besic is currently injured and there is no younger player ready to step in. So, if we let Jimmy Mc go then we'd need to have some more cover.

I think we need to look at the subtleties of MF in more detail. We have Barry & Besic who can play that pure DM role (eg if we play 1 holding MF). Barkley and Cleverly can play alongside (if we play 2 holding MF) but not the pure DM role (IMO). Is that enough cover? Barry is getting on, as we know, Besic is currently injured and there is no younger player ready to step in. So, if we let Jimmy Mc go then we'd need to have some more cover.
[Poor language removed] defensive midfielders tbh, lets have 4 at the at back 1 midfielder and 5 upfront, everton oh we love everton

Status
Not open for further replies.