James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petit

Player Valuation: £30m
Apologies if already posted. Mods feel Free to delete/merge (obviously).

James McCarthy signed for 13 mil.

Reasonable price?

Do you rate him? - strenghts and weaknesses?

Apologies if already posted. Mods feel Free to delete/merge (obviously).

James McCarthy signed for 13 mil.

Reasonable price?

Do you rate him? - strenghts and weaknesses?

Manu paid for the inflated price anyway, so I'm not bothered about that.
We'll find out how good he is against Chelsea. Got a good feeling about that game now!

At first glance you would say it is high but i hace watched mcarthy quite a few times and will stick my neck out and say he is going to be a very good player for us and his value will increase over the next couple of years.

8 million pound player. Will become a 20 million pound player in a coupla seasons. We did alright methinks. The lot across the park think he's the bees knees.

Haven´t watched him much, but for me he seems to be in the deep lying playmaker mould, i.e. spreads passes around from the middle of the park a la Carrick, Gibson. Is that a fair assessment?

If he adds some attitude and arrogance to his game he will be a top player.

RM has been moulding him into his perfect midfielder for the past 3 years so theres no excuses.

Manu paid for the inflated price anyway, so I'm not bothered about that.
We'll find out how good he is against Chelsea. Got a good feeling about that game now!

Dangerously close to "Carroll was -£15m" talk there.

We paid well over the odds for McCarthy.

He might turn out to be a good long term signing but he was a rip off compared to Chadli/Holtby/Capoue/Eriksen all of whom have been signed in the last 12 months.

Reactions: EY.
Look.

We all know my feelings.

However, yes we paid over the odds, BUT United did for Fellaini so it all works out that he cost about £8m. Which is much more reasonable.

Really hope he does well for us.

Dangerously close to "Carroll was -£15m" talk there.

We paid well over the odds for McCarthy.

He might turn out to be a good long term signing but he was a rip off compared to Chadli/Holtby/Capoue/Eriksen all of whom have been signed in the last 12 months.

Three of which have never played in the premiership. Foreign names aren´t the same as guaranteed quality.

Look.

We all know my feelings.

However, yes we paid over the odds, BUT United did for Fellaini so it all works out that he cost about £8m. Which is much more reasonable.

Really hope he does well for us.

"Yeah but Porsmouth owed us £10m so Glen Johnson was only £8m"

I will not accept Kopitenomics on this forum.

We paid £13m for McCarthy however you dress it up.

I seriously think everbody on this forum will be eating humble pie by the end of this season. McCarthy is going to be a fantastic player. He is not a deep lying midfielder hence we got Barry in as he and Gibson will do that job. McCarthy is a box to box midfielder who can grab the game by the scuff of the neck and has a exceptional engine and will put a shift in. He will be the one running our midfield and will be a massive step up from Ossie.

You can't judge somebody on what they transferred for, judge him on the pitch. I haven't seen him play enough to say but he's 22 and fairly well rated by most so i'm happy to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.