James McCarthy Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS!

So Everton, and he wasn't even playing for us at the time.

such a scenario cost us very dearly in 1986.

Neville was injured playing for Wales in the March and we lost out in both the league title race and the Cup final.

I am convinced we would have won at least one of them happen he had stayed fit.

I just wish international football would fade away and die.

It is just a flipping nuisance which interupts the nascent football season this week just as it is getting into its stride and it risks your players getting injured.

The Blues midfielder suffered a slight knock in training ahead of his country’s Euro 2016 qualifiers with Gibraltar and Georgia.

McCarthy is said to be relaxed about the problem but O’Neill says the Blues wanted to make sure the injury was not serious and so asked for tests to be carried out.

“I was speaking to Alan (Byrne, Irish team doctor) and more importantly the player (McCarthy), and the player’s not too concerned, so that’s OK,” said O’Neill.

“I think it’s something Everton wanted to do so, fine, we’ll fall into line and go with it."

Sounds like it's nothing and we want an excuse for him not to play.
Too right. Here's our player, we pay his wages.

Like when they rushed Gibson back and he suffered another horrific injury. Negligence on their part. They probably encourage getting bladdered the night before a game and all.

He could hardly run at the end of the Spurs game, looked like a bad muscle pull, but maybe now in hindsight it was only cramp if he was allowed to report to Rep. of Ireland as normal.

Players need to be scared they will lose their place if they don't perform... this is not the case with us ... certain players know they are nailed on to start every game no matter what, even if they think they are giving their all, nothing makes u give an extra ten per cent like knowing you will lose your place if you don't perform

Status
Not open for further replies.