2023/24 James Garner

Him and Danjuma were the only players on the pitch for us today who didn’t look absolutely terrified of the ball. It’s worrying when that’s the benchmark for who had a good game.
This. Our team is full of players who aren’t good in possession, due to a lack of composure or skill, or both! I can understand why people are suggesting Garner should be right back, he’s better there than Patterson. But our midfield is shocking! I think we desperately need to play him centrally to give us more hope of any control in games. Playing him as a right winger is baffling to me

I thought that Garner looked very good technically yesterday without that technical ability having a significant impact on the game. He is definitely not a winger and surely even Dyche can see this.
He is capable of filling in at right back but that would be a total waste of his talents. He needs to replace Gana, Doucoure or Onana - all useless yesterday - as soon as possible.

The lad gets stuck in and seems comfortable on the ball. One of our better performers in the last 2 games, not hard though, but he's been played out of position.

But don't understand the love in and praise at the moment. Hes been good, but not great. Still needs to improve.

This lad is a top player, thought he was one of our best today. see people go on about Dobbin (didnt see it) and Danjum - played well and isolated, but if anything was happening it was coming through Garner, hes a player.

Is he a top player or does he just look decent because the rest of our squad is so poor? Hopefully he can move into the centre because he's getting nothing from the wide area.

Is he a top player or does he just look decent because the rest of our squad is so poor? Hopefully he can move into the centre because he's getting nothing from the wide area.

No doubt on his quality his range of distribution is very good, he turned yesterday receiving the ball facing our goal, on the turn he took two of their out of the game and was away facing the opposite direction. If you want to know whether a midfielder has quality or not, always watch how they turn on the ball. You wont get that stat on Sky.

No doubt on his quality his range of distribution is very good, he turned yesterday receiving the ball facing our goal, on the turn he took two of their out of the game and was away facing the opposite direction. If you want to know whether a midfielder has quality or not, always watch how they turn on the ball. You wont get that stat on Sky.

I see the odd nice turn and decent retention of the ball. Right now I just think he lacks the personality to really impact a game. We have a few players like him who would have really benefited from coming into a decent side. Must be hard to have a big level of responsibility when you're still a junior member of the squad.